The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The problems with Eatock v Bolt > Comments

The problems with Eatock v Bolt : Comments

By Graham Young, published 3/10/2011

Australians are now much less free than they were to discuss matters of race, to the detriment of proper, functioning democracy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
I didn't realise that Bolt was a Zionist.He may have intentionally done this to get the present result.

You seem not concerned by our sedition laws Graham,but they are so broad in their definition that any one of us can be charged with sedition if we disagree with our Govt.Have a close look at them.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 3 October 2011 4:58:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@Trashcanman

Re: <<Aristocrat, Have you got an example for us?>>

Here's one for you Trashcanman:

"The historian and educator Diane Ravitch tells how she was asked to preview some proposed educational text for children for the US Education Department:
‘After I read a dozen such passages, a combination of fiction and nonfiction, I realized that the readings themselves had a cumulative subtext: the hero was never a white boy. Instead, the leading character – the one who was most competent, successful, and sympathetic --- was invariably either a girl (of any race) or a non-white boy. Almost without exception, white boys were portrayed as weak and dependent”

And,

"When Ravitch enquired why so few reading passages were drawn from classical children’s literature, the publisher explained that it was ‘a well-accepted principle in educational publishing that everything written before 1970 was rife with racism and sexism. Only stories written after that date were likely to have acceptable language appropriate multicultural sensitivity”

From: The Big Mo –Why Momentum Now Rules Our World – Mark Roeder
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 3 October 2011 5:12:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Totally true about the sedition laws. If they were enforced just about anyone could be done.
Posted by Amanda Midlam, Monday, 3 October 2011 5:23:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I found a review of the Andrew Bolt speech to which I referred in my comment:
http://www.icjs-online.org/indarch.php?eid=802&ICJS=71&article=681
I can't find the actual transcript, I read it on the Catch The Fire Ministries site a couple of years ago but it's no longer available.
I quoted from memory but I wasn't incorrect and Bolt did go much further in his remarks in the original piece, leading me to my "off the leash" analysis.
I really don't see "conservatives" watering down Racial and Religious tolerance laws, I've tried to demonstrate that the politicians all sing from the same hymn book on that score.
Do I need to post links to the photos of Chabad functions attended by John Howard, Julia Gillard, Malcolm Turnbull, Ted Baillieau, John Brumby,Nathan Rees, Stephen Harper, George Bush, Barack Obama, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton...I'll stop, lest the list run on for a page.
Did you guys listen to the link I provided on Nazi Germany's Admiral Canaris, Lt Colonel Bloch and the Lubavitcher Rebbe?
That's truly shocking stuff and this is no ordinary religious sect.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 3 October 2011 5:58:36 PM
Amicus and Ojnab,
Bolt is a racist - his use of eugenic assumptions and his belief that he has the right to determine another person's race based on his self-determined criteria identifies him as a racist.

Ojnab, you ask a very relevant and insightful question. Why is it that some people persist in being Aboriginal? This is the case even when family income means there is no personal benefit. Could it be that mainstream Australia is not as welcoming to 'fair-skinned' Aboriginal people as they make out. Or, maybe it has something to do with spiritual beliefs, family connection, or all of the above.

Why does it bother non-Indigenous Australians that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders hold onto their identity - even when it is not about money (and there are plenty who do).

Is there a dread that Indigenous Australian's do not want to be 'white' and to fit into mainstream society because it is so very unattractive.

After all, Indigenous Australians experience the very worst side of mainstream Australians - as Bolt demonstrates.

If 'fair-skinned' Aboriginal people were to be forced to identify as 'white' they may fear that they would not be able to join in the regular discussions on quantum of blood etc. After all their acceptance as 'white' will always be conditional.
Posted by Aka, Monday, 3 October 2011 6:02:55 PM
whether Bolt is racist or not is irrelevant. The left think everyone who is white, male and disagrees with their views are racist. Even the supporters of Howards boat policy were all considered racist until along comes Ms Gillard who must be triply racist (Oh that's right she is not a white male), The point is he basicly told the truth. Some cash in on their race. Yea that make me racist because I agree with the truth and have seen it first hand.
Posted by runner, Monday, 3 October 2011 6:43:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12