The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Christian guys and porkie pies > Comments

Christian guys and porkie pies : Comments

By Jane Douglas, published 30/5/2011

An inside perspective on religion in schools from a former fundamentalist pastor's wife.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Pelican

You have obviously not been to young kids discos where mums living out mis spent pasts dress their eight year olds as tarts and dance to some dubious music. Then again like many parents maybe you have been but are blinded to what message this sends to kids. It actually adds to the need of role models such as Chaplains.
Posted by runner, Monday, 30 May 2011 2:16:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is all very well to try to be anti any influence from religious, atheist or political views etc; but they happen in the classroom by passionate teachers anyway. I found that myself by going through State Schools. However the constant attempt to remove religious influences from State Schools only fuels parents resolve to send their precious children to Private or Church schools.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 30 May 2011 2:22:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner
There is no dispute about the increase sexualisation of children in the media and through raunch culture. But what has this got to do with a secular agenda? Secularism is about tolerance and acceptance of varying world views within the legal framework. Secularism does not push sexualisation of children as you claimed early on.

Role models come in manys shapes and forms including possibly some Chaplains, however it comes down to personal integrity and just because someone is in a role of Chaplain does not necessarily mean they will be a good role model especially if their primary aim is conversion over respect for other worldviews among the children they have contact.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 30 May 2011 2:38:11 PM
'especially if their primary aim is conversion over respect for other worldviews among the children they have contact.'

I don't think I encountered a teacher who wasn't a greenie or a communist when going through school. I didn't turn out either a greenie or a communist.

I think it's good having chaplains. Chaplins even better. Imagine the high spirits brought about by a team of Chaplins.

Seriously, the social workers of the world are clearly in more need of social work and counselling than the general population. They should have to go through some sort of psychological testing. They're all as mad as hatters.

'How does that make you feel'. Hahaha. 'It's just a chemical imbalance'. Hahahha. 'Did daddy touch you in the 'right way'. Hahaha.

I'm with Charlie Sheen on this one. Bi-winning! Oh no mommy didn't love me I'm such a victim! Who wants that lot near our kids.

Much rather a church-going gramps with too much time on his hands. Old people should be encouraged back into the community. They are mostly harmless. Mostly harmless is a victory I'm telling ya. Who wants the prozac pushers added into the lefty tree hugging union loving teachers already there.

Do you really want kids to think they're a victim their whole lives?
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 30 May 2011 2:52:07 PM
Houellebecq,

It sounds like you would rather give $1000 to the Salvos than $20 to Gillards dishonest tax. How refreshing.
Posted by runner, Monday, 30 May 2011 3:03:16 PM
Nicely said, Jane, and a real contrast to the appalling whiffle put out by Lance Lawton on the same day. Comparisons like this illustrate very clearly that the hordes leaving Christianity behind them are made up of the best and brightest, while those that remain are increasingly inarticulate, incompetent and prone to outbreaks of real or simulated outrage as the only weapon left to them.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 30 May 2011 3:18:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy