The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: outing state-sponsored Jew-hatred > Comments

Palestine: outing state-sponsored Jew-hatred : Comments

By David Singer, published 17/12/2010

If Brazil were to have its way, 500,000 Jews would have to leave their homes, or be removed.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
To the coward who hides behind the name ALGOREisRICH; are you truly insane? Why do you regard Feminism, Black Studies, Woman's Studies, Environmentalism, Human Rights Commissions, et al, as 'evil'?

Are you trying to make a 'modern; version of the anti-Jewish, Czarist secret police created 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' - the one that claims Jews rule the world and control money supply, are immensely rich by dishonest trading and manipulation and have the world by the throat? Hah! I wish! I'm Jewish and I'm poor and I couldn't sell blankets to Eskimos.
Posted by RichardJoachim, Saturday, 18 December 2010 2:44:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Off-topic]
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Saturday, 18 December 2010 3:48:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Jorge

UNSC Resolution 446 did not - and could not - extinguish the rights vested in the Jewish people anywhere in the world to "close settlement" in the West Bank conferred by article 6 of the Mandate and preserved by article 80 of the UN's own Charter. The Security Council cannot legally act in contravention of the UN Charter

Both Jews and Arabs have competing claims to sovereignty in the West Bank that remain to be resolved. Until they are Jews have the legal right to live there.

Yes - the Mandate was created in 1920 and its terms were unanimously adopted by the 51 members of the League of Nations in 1922.

The Mandate is still relevant today because of article 80 which states:

"nothing in this Chapter shall be construed in or of itself to alter in any manner the rights whatsoever of any states or any peoples or the terms of existing international instruments to which Members of the United Nations may respectively be parties."

Had article 80 not been inserted in the UN Charter then the provisions of the Mandate would have expired with the League of Nations. Article 80 has preserved the right of Jews to settle in the West Bank.

The two-state solution - designed to settle sovereignty in the West Bank - has clearly failed after 17 years of going nowhere.

The UN might now claim as the residual holder of the Mandate to try to allocate sovereignty in the West Bank - which it attempted to do unsuccessfully in 1947 when the Arabs rejected its proposals.

Unilaterally declaring a Palestinian State in an area of land which is not controlled by the recipient of the declaration would be an act of pure folly.

My proposal would be for sovereignty of the West Bank to be divided between Israel and Jordan - the two successor States to the Mandate - in direct negotiations chaired by the UN Secretary General. This proposal accords with the history,geography and demography of the long running dispute.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 19 December 2010 10:00:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"If Brazil were to have its way, 500,000 Jews would have to leave their homes, or be removed."

Half of which were forced to live in the occupied territories due to financial distress and are waiting eagerly to receive their compensation so they can get out of that hell.

The other half... well, they have been warned from the start, they knew from the begining where they were going. If you settle near a volcano, don't be surprised once it errupts.

In any case, those who wish to stay are welcome to remain in their homes as Palestinian subjects.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 19 December 2010 10:08:20 AM
#ALGOREisRICH

You have outed yourself as a rabid hater of everyone other than white supremacists. Maybe you should change your anonymous name to ALGOREisPOOR. Keep your real name under wraps. If I held views like you I too would be ashamed to let people know my identity.

Rant on - I won't be responding.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 19 December 2010 10:09:33 AM
#Yuyutsu

You state:

"In any case, those who wish to stay are welcome to remain in their homes as Palestinian subjects."

What is your source for making this statement?
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 19 December 2010 2:03:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All