The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Damned if we do, damned if we don’t - the West Australian approach to sex workers > Comments

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t - the West Australian approach to sex workers : Comments

By Elena Jeffreys, published 25/10/2010

An Ontario court judgement will have ramifications for West Australia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Well I certainly don’t believe in prostitution or agree with it. Prostitution is feminism at its worst, as prostitutes blatantly exploit men for money.

Within prostitution, there is no link between men and women other than money, and prostitution is one of the most virulent forms of feminism
Posted by vanna, Monday, 25 October 2010 9:15:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vanna, you crack me up, you really do. Never saw the parrallel between feminism and prostitutes before.
Posted by JamesH, Monday, 25 October 2010 10:26:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vanna, you crack me up, you really do. Never saw the parrallel between feminism and prostitutes before.

Where once I thought feminists were about denying and withholding sex from men, especially when they have been bad boys. Here you are saying that they are making men pay for it, in cold hard cash.
Posted by JamesH, Monday, 25 October 2010 10:27:09 AM
we could always totally legalise prostitution in WA and be dumb enough like the Victorian to believe the problem will be contained. There are now more illegal brothels in Victoria than ever before despite the Government being brainwashed by sex worker lobby groups who have only self interest and money as their primary interest.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 October 2010 10:53:32 AM
James H,
When I was living in Paris many years ago, I had to walk down a street filled with prostitutes to get to the subway. At first they or their pimps would try to solicit, but I declined. I would always say hello to the prostitutes, and after a number of weeks, some would wave and say hello to me. They knew I wasn't interested in paying for sex, and would simply say hello.

Maybe a prostitute has some humanity and is even capable of love, but I cannot detect any humanity in a feminist, who treat men as a walking wallet ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS.
Posted by vanna, Monday, 25 October 2010 11:02:40 AM
I'm not sure from where this conservative streak enters the WA
liberals. Perhaps from nervous wives, worried that their husband
too, might have a quickie over lunch.

For years prostitution was banned in WA, but the law was hardly
enforced, so it kept the whole industry contained to some degree.

Even now, our policeforce have far more important things to do,
then worry about who is sleeping with whom and for how much.

The reality is that the West Australian daily carries 1-3 pages
of classifieds, for you guessed it, sex for sale. Its a great
way these days, for university students to pay their way through
uni, especially foreign ones paying extremely high fees.

The religious right will never stop that, its the oldest
profession on earth. Next we are a mining state, with lots of
men earning huge money, far more then they know what to do with
sensibly. There will always be women who want a share of that,
rather then just give it away at the pub for nothing. Practical
girls, I call them.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 25 October 2010 11:34:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy