The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Damned if we do, damned if we don’t - the West Australian approach to sex workers > Comments

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t - the West Australian approach to sex workers : Comments

By Elena Jeffreys, published 25/10/2010

An Ontario court judgement will have ramifications for West Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
vanna "Well I certainly don’t believe in prostitution or agree with it."

"In a feminist society, most relationships with women are now the same, and are unlikely to be of any real benefit to men.

Best to think of something else." http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=11131#186941

Where is this heading, are you a recruiter for the catholic priesthood?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 25 October 2010 6:46:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually, to be honest Vanna, I disagree with your statement despite the fact I believe in the need and requirement for Sexual health workers. Yes, 'health' being the operative term I personally use.

Prostitutes are sexual health workers, in an industry greatly assisting people both mentally and physically.

People pay for a service. Women and Men are not exploiting men or women for sex.

Regardless of my Christian beliefs, I have NEVER frowned or looked down upon any sexual health worker. I do not term or label people prostitutes given that every person earns money in one way or another and using both their minds and bodies.
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 25 October 2010 9:34:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Elena I suggest you get in touch with other companies in the States that are legal, two of whom are NSW and the A.C.T. and the owners of those companies, in all probability, will assist you, as they have been there and done that on numerous occasions, finally making the penny drop with politicians ie the positives far outweigh the negatives regarding the legalisation of the sex working industry
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 25 October 2010 9:44:34 PM
A curious fact about female sex workers, most grew up without their natural fathers... Sometimes they had a good, loving stepfather, or othertimes a series of low-life 'mummies-new-boyfriends' but rarely their NATURAL FATHER.

It is a biological fact, that for the mammals that partner, if the children grow up without their natural father, the children grow up to be more sexually active and reach puberty younger.

Humans are mammals too. Many peer-reviewed, published articles concur. Girls who grow up without their NATURAL FATHERS reach puberty prematurely, averaging 18months earlier, and have earlier sexuals experiences, and are betwe 5 to 7 times more likely to end up pregnant as teenagers.

This 18mths often means that these girls are able to get pregnant in primary school! That's just wrong. Girls don't need a 'male role model' they need their NATURAL FATHER.

Google 'Bruce Ellis, Premature puberty, Uni Arizona' for more detail.
Posted by partTimeParent, Monday, 25 October 2010 10:47:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are correct Part-time Parent.

I have mixed with many teenage girls to know that your claims are indeed factual.

I raised this issue on an associated thread regarding Daughters and their biological fathers when I first joined OLO.
Posted by we are unique, Monday, 25 October 2010 11:13:40 PM
Jay Thompson
No thank you for your personalised remarks.

What university taught you to make personalised remarks?

To clarify my argument, basically I would support the WA move to clamp down on prostitution. Nearly all prostitution is associated with drugs and also tax avoidance, where people don’t pay the right amount of tax, or pay no tax at all.

Prostitution is also a system of using men for their money. A prostitute’s so-called client is just a faceless walking wallet to the prostitute. He is just one out of hundreds.

Within feminism, there is almost nothing good said about the male gender, but feminists never refuse money from men. So men are just walking wallets to the vast majority of feminists.

In terms of their attitudes towards men, prostitutes and feminists are on very similar levels.

Robert,
Would you like to live in a street where prostitutes stand at every corner and at every doorway? There are such streets. And there are also cities where prostitutes sit in chairs in shop front windows (eg Amsterdam).

“Welcome to our beautiful city of prostitutes”.

We are unique,
So now a prostitute should be called a “sexual health worker”. It is not about sexual health, it is all about money.

If the so-called client doesn’t pay money, then the prostitute can call it rape. So the only difference between “rape” and “not rape” is money.

Money is the only morality of a prostitute.
Posted by vanna, Tuesday, 26 October 2010 9:50:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy