The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Two myths about secularism > Comments

Two myths about secularism : Comments

By Meg Wallace, published 25/10/2010

Secularism is not anti-religion it is pro-freedom of belief

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
"21.05.2011"
Posted by 579, Monday, 25 October 2010 3:05:34 PM

Is that another Doom Day?

Runner, when are you going to get into your tiny brain, that the Old Testament was written by a bunch of geriatric schizophrenics to justify the existence of the Jewish nation. God (if he exists at all) had nothing to do with it.
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 25 October 2010 3:23:39 PM

And the New Testament was based on the stories that were popular as they aligned most with the OT prophecies? Stories that were told in a multitude of versions? Stories that were invented because other stories did not produce the goods? (like the second coming which was supposed to be in the generation that the story was produced for?)
Posted by McReal, Monday, 25 October 2010 4:10:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
McReal

'Runner, when are you going to get into your tiny brain, that the Old Testament was written by a bunch of geriatric schizophrenics to justify the existence of the Jewish nation. God (if he exists at all) had nothing to do with it.
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 25 October 2010 3:23:39 PM'

Maybe when the alternative views such as the moral bereft secular view stop making up porkies that insist that its dogmas are somewhat rational. The Scriptures describe your heart very accurately. What you read in Scripture is very easily observed in the world unlike other fantasies are trotted out as rational and justified by pseudo science.

It must be really upsetting to you to see how hard so many have tried to destroy this tiny nation of Israel but all to no avail. Hopefully one day your eyes will be open to more than your puny worldview.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 October 2010 4:22:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

There you go again making false statements.

Explain this one then...

"Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask ANYTHING of me in my name, I WILL DO IT. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

Seeing you are a believer (and I suspect have no doubt) can you pray for the end to fighting in all wars, the end of all hunger and the end of all illness & disease on my behalf and let us see it happen?

Or haven't you got a faith strong enough to believe it will occur as a result of your prayer? Jesus stated it categorically...Are you brave enough?

Hang on that's a bit tough...can you pray for understanding your Bible and show us it some time?

Vanna,

Did being stuck out in a boat get you to reduce feminism to this load of tripe?

"feminism (or the belief in denigration of the male gender)"

Are you that insecure as a male to actually believe this? Man up big fella, you are making us real men who respect feminism, sound like you!...lol

Where have all the Real men gone?...lol Obviously not sailing...lo
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 25 October 2010 4:44:05 PM
Runner, funny how you quote someone else's quote back to me; I was more philosophical about the NT.

Aspects of the Scriptures do resonate, runner. Especially the allegory.

Does your promotion of Israel express your worldview, runner?

I agree, dogmas are never rational.
Posted by McReal, Monday, 25 October 2010 5:05:05 PM
Opinionated2 you write

'Seeing you are a believer (and I suspect have no doubt) can you pray for the end to fighting in all wars, the end of all hunger and the end of all illness & disease on my behalf and let us see it happen?'

The obvious corruption in yours and mine heart confirms that wars and hunger will not come to an end until the evil in all hearts are dealt with one way or the other. Peace protesters are often the most violent. You deliberately taking Scripture out of context again verifies the corrupt or deceived state of your heart. The fact that most can't even keep a marriage vow demonstrates the selfishness of mankind. How different the life and example of Christ than that of u and me. Thankfully His word and promises are to be trusted infinitely more than u.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 October 2010 5:32:30 PM
We seem to forget that in secularism the church christian or what ever is not the enemy, they simply just don't matter.

Runner,
Why do you think secularism is an attack on your faith. Your faith is clearly strong and with the values that christians claim to have you should be content with a secular government. If we were to have a christian government we would end up in conflict with all other religions leaving us doing things agains't the faith.
Secularism aims to make room for everyone within reasonable boundary's. It will not make everyone happy but that is not it's point. If some laws don't suit well tough, they don't stop you living by your morals. Just because abortion is legal in many states doesn't mean you have to have one. Are you sure your not confusing secularism with atheists.
Posted by nairbe, Monday, 25 October 2010 5:41:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11