The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? > Comments

Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 3/9/2010

Same s*x adoption. Are children just guinea pigs in this radical social experiment?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. 22
  14. All
Get over yourself mumsy, you're not the only person in this world to not know their father. Generalising the future from that and pretending you know how other people's kids are going to feel is the height of hubris. As if being adopted is not bad enough we have people like you who feel that the kids will have to justify who their parents are. Some peole just get on with life and learn to cope.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 3 September 2010 7:30:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfair Bugsy. Mumsy's experience is a dominate one among people in her position. The academic studies show this. Mumsy's is the human face of this suffering so she should be treated with respect.
Posted by John I Fleming, Friday, 3 September 2010 7:35:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So it's only fair to generalise if you think that your experience is the dominant one John?

Do they do academic studies on people who have no emotional problems by being raised by one parent?
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 3 September 2010 7:56:12 PM
Yes, Bugsy, they do. Read the studies. They examine a representative group. Not all are inconvenienced but most are. Mumsy's experience is both real and representative. Deal with it even though it may challenge your ideological beliefs. You may wish things are different but it is the truth of the matter withbwhich we have to deal.
Posted by John I Fleming, Friday, 3 September 2010 8:10:19 PM
My natural inclination is to support gay and lesbian people who are seeking marriage and adoption equality as I'm a bit of a libertarian. However, of the arguments presented here I've found those against gay and lesbian parenting a bit more convincing. I have always thought it odd that gay and lesbian marriage seems to be out of the question for all but the very left wing while g&l adoption is reasonably well accepted across the political spectrum. As many have said, it involves children with no say in the matter and should be considered more deeply.
Posted by Dick, Friday, 3 September 2010 8:44:59 PM
Why don't they make laws against it John?

Oh, that's right, that would be stupid.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 3 September 2010 8:46:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. 21