The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? > Comments

Whose rights are they anyway? The children's? : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 3/9/2010

Same s*x adoption. Are children just guinea pigs in this radical social experiment?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All
The author writes: "One very important new book in this regard is Out From Under by Dawn Stefanowicz. It is a shocking story of a child thrust into the world of male homosexuality. It is a story of abuse, betrayal, loneliness and suffering. The book tells it all: her dad’s multiple male lovers and sexual escapades; the abuse she suffered at the hands of her dad; the string of boyfriends her dad had at the house; the emotional, psychological and physical dangers she experienced growing up.

No one can read this moving story and not see how destructive homosexual parenting is to a child. It is an important book, but because it speaks the truth about homosexuality, do not expect it to be featured in the mainstream media, except as a dismissal of it."

There are untold numbers of books in which victims of emotional, physical and sexual child abuse tell the story of their suffering. About 99.9% of them are written by people who suffered this abuse in a heterosexual environment.

It is disgraceful that the author should ignore this fact in his argument. In deliberately ignoring this fact, he loses what little credibility he had.

There are many heterosexuals who bring children into their lives to gratify their own needs, as is evinced by the child abuse statistics in this country.

It is a very evil ( not a word I use lightly) thing to argue that these low motives can be solely attributed to homosexuals, when the evidence is overwhelmingly otherwise.
Posted by briar rose, Friday, 3 September 2010 9:20:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Bill for bringing some commonsense to a very perverse arguement that has been swallowed by many. Again the rights of the child comes last. What a joke. Thankfully a day is coming when God will have had enough of this perversion. People will be dumb enough to blame Him for bringing order to the corrupt minds of mankind.
Posted by runner, Friday, 3 September 2010 10:26:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't understand why people are against the love of two people? Also does the author think about the thousands of children in Australia in happy same sex couple families who would be hurt by this article? Why do you have so much hate towards people wanting to enjoy the love of their partner and look after a child?

The arguments used have no credibility. My lovely neighbours in a same sex relationship have a little boy who is healthy and happy. Because the couple are living in a same sex relationship they have enforced visits from child welfare to check on the child. This implies that the child is at risk and has a detrimental effect on the parents who feel like they are being monitored. I feel so sad that I will not have to go through the same thing with my child. I have my wedding certificate on my wall, and I look at it and think how unfair it is that the lovely couple next door, can not, although they have been together for over 12 years, have a house together and a committed relationship.

And the argument that a child needs both a masculine and feminine role model should not be an issue when talking about same sex relationships. Often, as in all relationships there are feminine and masculine attributes given from both partners. With my neighbours, one of the partners has very feminine attributes and the other is very masculine. Their child will definately have both sides of parental modeling. I can not see one reason why their beautiful boy would be disadvantaged. Actually I think having parents with such a solid and long standing commitment to each other would be more than many children would be lucky enough to experience.

This offensive arguing has to stop. Lets let people love and give love and maybe focus our attention to other matters which may decrease violence and hate, such as homophobia and racism.
Posted by TillyJ, Friday, 3 September 2010 10:28:21 AM
Dear Runner
Can you tell me if and when God will have had enough of the rights of a child being trampled because of child abuse, especially when it's inflicted by his worshippers?
How much does God need children to suffer, before he says, enough I'm gonna smite you?
Just asking.
Posted by briar rose, Friday, 3 September 2010 10:38:33 AM
Excellent piece. I share your concerns. Intentionally creating fatherless and motherless families is dangerous. Many homosexual men are opposed to “gay marriage” and adoptions for a number of reasons. There is a real debate in the “gay community” but the media is only reporting one side.
Posted by History Buff, Friday, 3 September 2010 10:50:44 AM
Excellent article. It's refreshing to see someone with enough courage to state the obvious without fearing a backlash from the general media manipulated public.
It's a child's right to a natural upbringing which only a heterosexual couple can provide. It's also the states duty to look after and out for the rights of all it's citizens not just those that can vote!
In a day and age where the institute of marriage is continuously under attack, where abortion is pushed onto society by simplistic and self serving ideologies and where rape, exploitation and child abuse is so prevalent, it's hardly surprising that this sort of absurdity would be up for debate in parliament.
Posted by bach, Friday, 3 September 2010 12:26:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy