The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why can't a woman's s*xuality be more like a man's? > Comments

Why can't a woman's s*xuality be more like a man's? : Comments

By Leslie Cannold, published 10/6/2010

Is low libido in women pathological or just evidence that female s*xuality is different to men's? And is a pill the answer?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All
After some reflection, I too am wondering at the point of this article. If it is not a critique of Big Pharma, I'm not sure what it is all about. I agree with CJ's more succinctly expressed point regarding Cannold's claim that men become more satisfied with their partner over time while women search for new experiences. I referred to this claim in my first post and I agree with CJ that there is no evidence of such. I believe that men and women are equally likely to stray - after all to sexually roam one needs a person to roam with. Or a few men are getting a lot of action.

;)

Oh dear, I was hoping so much for a thoughtful and challenging article from Cannold, after the preachy wowserism from MTR and friend and this is what we get.

Of course, the final arbiter of what is published on OLO remains with the editors, so one must respect their decision on which articles are published.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 11 June 2010 9:06:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why can't a woman's s*xuality be more like a man's?

Maybe that should be the other way around:

Why can't a man's s*xuality be more like a woman's?

What is needed is not a pill to increase the level of women's libido, but one that will decrease the males' libido. If the feminist movement is anything to go by then when this pill / implant / injection is finally made available it should be compulsory for all males between the age of 11 and death to take it.

Everyone knows, or so I have seen on this grate site™, that when men's libido is reined in then everything from footballers behaving badly to most serious crime will cease and we will have a peaceful society.

What we need is a society of 'Stepford Husbands', as all woman are just perfect and it is men who are the problem.
Posted by Dougthebear, Friday, 11 June 2010 11:17:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>> ... that will decrease the males' libido .... If the feminist movement is anything to go by then when this pill / implant / injection is finally made available it should be compulsory for all males between the age of 11 and death to take it. <<<

How completely absurd.

Not while I have a breath left in my body. What an appalling thought.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 11 June 2010 11:27:17 AM
Leslie Cannold: >>All this raises the obvious question about whether low libido in women is pathological or just evidence that female sexuality is different to men's? <<

Leslie, the reproductive drive is in all creatures, and there is one aspect that is predominantly apparent in all species. When the female is in heat she is placated after a single mating, but the male goes on and on until the season is over. An absolutely basic observation, but it seems to be apparent. Given that, I would run with the female libido is programmed to satiate quickly while the man’s is 24/7.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 11 June 2010 4:31:49 PM
Dougthebear: >>What is needed is not a pill to increase the level of women's libido, but one that will decrease the males' libido. If the feminist movement is anything to go by then when this pill / implant / injection is finally made available it should be compulsory for all males between the age of 11 and death to take it. <<

I am appalled Dougthebear, what type of sick Frankenstein would tamper with what nature has endowed us with. To take away or suppress a gift from himself who created us is a blasphemy.
This discussion is about giving, not taking. We are giving our females a chance to feel like kings, we are adding to their horizon of opportunity in relation to the role that they were created to fulfill. This is the sort of ground breaking research that sets us apart from the rabbits.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 11 June 2010 5:00:00 PM
Posted by sonofgloin: "I am appalled Dougthebear, what type of sick Frankenstein would tamper with what nature has endowed us with."

So you are against contraception? The "gift" of a woman having the opportunity of conceiving with any and every act of coitus? What about pain relief during childbirth. There are those in the community still who interpret Genesis to say that women must experience pain in childbirth (I am not one of those)

Please also remember other differences between men and women. In this context they can be considered applicable. Men have a long refractory period. Women, however, do not have such. So that it could be considered that women already have a greater capacity for intercourse than men, why would you want to increase female libido so that they would be running around seeking male partners the way that men wish they could seek female ones?

There are evolutionary differences between men and women that, due to civilisation, have to be tamed and dealt with in a manner best for both genders in the interest of our society.

Men are already part tamed by the law and by custom. Marriage is no longer deemed to be an excuse for rape in marriage, and it is women who are the gatekeepers for coitus.

All I am suggesting is that men need chemical assistance to tame them. Or do you wish to remain an animal?
Posted by Dougthebear, Friday, 11 June 2010 9:13:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All