The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The closet is the enemy > Comments

The closet is the enemy : Comments

By Jim Woulfe, published 3/6/2010

Politically, laws and customs will only accommodate minorities that are visible. Homosexuals are often an invisible minority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All
The real question is why people like Proxy and Diver Dan consider it is any of their business. But of course we know the answer -- religious indoctrination ensures that you know all the answers without having to bother asking the questions.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 3 June 2010 3:11:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jim Woulfe:
>>Jason Akermanis tells gay men to live a lie. David Campbell shows us how you're treated when you do. ("Sex scandal rocks Labor", May 21). Adrian Hempel, Camperdown<<

Is David Campbell gay? My reaction was, that "hedonistic horny old bugger, rooting on the job, no wonder he and his government are failures, their minds are taken up with lifestyle, not service. The only negative to being undercover fagoty is if you are a decision maker working for the people, and obviously open to extortion.

diver dan.
>>What annoys me about the gay "tribe" is their persistence and evangelical zeal in pushing their point. (excuse the pun).<<
I'll tell you who are pesky dan, those Jehovah’s who like the bad penny, just keep turning up, and the amazing thing is that they all know the same extracts and quotes from the good book.

Owing to a puritanical upbringing I am a deft hand at bible lore. My tactic is to proclaim my religion right from the get go and start quoting salient bible lore to them, then question if they are sure they are on the right team. Firstly they can't keep up with my jumping from book to book with quotes that piously defend my position, and second they think I'm more of a zealot than they are.
Do fagots come to your door, or do you keep your eyes peeled for fagots?
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 3 June 2010 3:41:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Antiseptic: << By being discreet in new situations you're doing no more than I would in not mentioning that I smoke pot occasionally until I get to know how they might feel about that. >>

Big difference: smoking pot is illegal in Australia, being homosexual is not.

However, Wolf_Canberra makes a very good point about having to 'come out' over and over again. Hopefully, one day down the track it won't be an issue at all - once homosexuality is generally accepted as a normal expression of human sexuality.

sonofgloin - David Campbell wasn't caught "rooting on the job". He was outed on TV for attending a gay sex club in his own time.

<< The only negative to being undercover fagoty is if you are a decision maker working for the people, and obviously open to extortion. >>

Indeed, and it's a very good argument for not trying to stay in the closet, if you ask me. No secret, no blackmail.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 3 June 2010 3:56:35 PM
CJMOrgan:"smoking pot is illegal in Australia, being homosexual is not. "

A little quiz: how many pot smokers have you ever known? How many homosexuals?

Illegality doesn't have anything to do with it, discretion is simple good manners and goos sense.

CJMorgan:"Hopefully, one day down the track it won't be an issue at all"

IT's not an issue now except when gay activists try to make it one.
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 3 June 2010 4:10:01 PM
Calm down folks. I am simply projecting a counter argument to an

advertising of the gay fact.

Over the years I have acquired many acquaintances and friends of the

gay set. Fine and happy people on the main.

We simply do not discuss the subject of the gay agenda.

I guess they respect my opinion (or maybe duck for cover)!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 3 June 2010 4:10:46 PM
Antiseptic: << how many pot smokers have you ever known? How many homosexuals? >>

Lots of each. So many I couldn't possibly estimate. Some are even gay dope smokers. Your point?

<< IT's not an issue now except when gay activists try to make it one. >>

Homosexual acts between consenting adults were illegal too until gay activists made an issue of it. That was a huge leap forward, but they evidently have some way to go.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 3 June 2010 4:26:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy