The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd: intelligent, wonkish, cautious and polished > Comments

Rudd: intelligent, wonkish, cautious and polished : Comments

By Michael Giannopoulos, published 5/2/2010

The 2010 election won’t be particularly meaningful; there is no viable alternative to the Rudd Government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy, you are badly infected by ALP hype and out of touch with reality and living in Disneyland if you believe your post to be at all factual.
KRUDD is just a diplomat with no actual political experience and aspirations and pretentions to become some sort of world statesman which he is not. He became PM because the Aussie Press is mainly populated with journalists who wish to create the News rather than report it. They painted Howard as too old and presented KRUDD as the solution.The Stupid electors of this country believed it and through out a government that had fixed the Aussie economy after years of the previous Labor Government's mismanagement. Now after only 2 years of KRUDD it is in the worst shape ever in the history of the country.All KRUDD has done since getting into office is form committees to investigate this and that. He has done nothing constructive and in the process has created a huge debt for the future.
huonian, There is no talent in KRUDD's team. Mostly talentless people. Have a close look at what their experience is and you will change your mind.
Manorina and rpg you are both spot on.
The Australian Public is at last waking up that they have been screwed by KRUDD and CO and Tony Abbott is the new hope for the future budgie mmugglers and all. At least he proposes direct action on Climate Change not a huge tax that will not reduce CO2 one bit.
Posted by Hellfire, Saturday, 6 February 2010 7:32:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just remember at the forthcoming election you don’t need to vote for anyone!!

You don’t need to vote for whichever party you might consider to be the lesser of two evils; you CAN put in a null vote.

If it doesn’t really matter which party wins, then why bother voting for either of them?

Oh, and don’t vote for the minor candidates either, because the way our discussing compulsory preferential voting system has got it rigged, your vote will trickle down until it counts for whichever of the two big dinosaur parties you put first!

Neither of the potential winners have got ANY claim to responsible governance. So it is beholden upon everyone who is concerned, and that means the vast majority of us, to lodge a null vote!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 6 February 2010 9:31:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If this is the mood of the Australian public, the goose is cooked for Labor. I usually sit back and listen for a while, before I put in my two bobs worth.

I voted for Rudd not because of work-choices but because he held himself out as a morally upright man, and a regular attendee at the Anglican Church in Annerley Queensland. I thought the actions of John Howard were morally bankrupt, and when both of them attended Hillsong Church by video-link taken by over 200,000 Christians all over Australia, Kevin said he would abide the Constitution of Australia. He came over as genuine and the other bloke appeared to be Christian only skin deep.

Despite requests to do so Rudd has not fixed the High Court or Federal Court of Australia. He has not insisted that New South Wales abide the “Kable Principle” and restore its Supreme Court to a fully functioning Ch III Court under the Royal Seal of the Australian Sovereign. He still has the High Court with Menzies’ Rules, restricting access to the aristocratic few. He still has the law in Section 78 of the Judiciary Act 1903 allowing only barristers and solicitors to appear representing people in every Court exercising federal jurisdiction.

He still has a Judge exercising the judicial power of the Commonwealth, when he promised to uphold the Constitution, and S 79 states that the federal jurisdiction of every court shall be exercised by such number of judges as Parliament prescribes. Neither court or judges has a capital letter on it.

Worst of all he has not asserted the paramount power of the Commonwealth. He has continued Howard’s policy of appeasement to State Governments. He has not set us free to enjoy Our Commonwealth as One Nation, united in one body politic, and remains the captive of Canberra based lawyers, and those who would establish a republic as a lawyers paradise on earth. Wake up Kevin. Give Brendan O’Connor a mandate to fix Australia’s illegal gambling dens, called Courts using the Australian Federal Police. He and they have a duty to do so
Posted by Peter Vexatious, Saturday, 6 February 2010 10:23:08 AM
Australia is in an indescribable mess because Kevin Rudd is as weak as water, and as ineffective as a neutered tomcat. Even mice have nothing to fear from Kevin07.

This is because he is essentially an opportunist, without any inherent moral fibre, and I am believing that now the Liberals got rid of their opportunist, immoral, morally bankrupt atheist leader, and installed a Christian by one vote, that the majority sixty five percent of Australians who say they are Christians will again change the government.

They would have changed it in 2004, and Kevin Rudd worked this out, if Latham had been a Christian. The arrow shot into Labors heart in 2004, was shot at Latham’s open atheism. Seven weeks out from the 2004 election, the record shows that lead by the Labor Party was the same as Kevin’s winning margin in 2007. The only difference was that the Labor Leader was openly Christian. Rudd’s shot at leader started in December 2004 with an article published in the Courier Mail and later on OLO.

The rats in the legal profession are faced with enough federal legislation to sink their monopoly without trace, and in the Trade Practices Act 1974 and Australian Securities and Investment Commission Act 2001 are provisions empowering every Australian to be a Commonwealth public official and do the job the Australian Federal Police should be doing but will not.

We need a snarling fully armed entire federal Christian cat, ( not feral cat) prowling the corridors of power in Canberra and in every capital city in Australia using the Laws of the Commonwealth to rain on every lawyers parade. We have a Constitution that has a Sovereign representing Almighty God. http://www.community-law.info/?page_id=456 She had Her commission modified by S 116 Constitution, to give Roman Catholic Australians equality before the law. This is denied in the Coronation Oath 1688 ( Imp), but in Australia our Roman Catholic brothers and sisters are fully empowered subjects. We need a strong leader to restore democracy, by applying the letter of the law. If Tony Abbot promises that and delivers, he will win
Posted by Peter Vexatious, Saturday, 6 February 2010 11:00:36 AM
Hellfire, you are wrong in one big aspect, "krudd the dud" does indeed have extensive experience in government. He was bureaucrat #1, when labour was in power in QLD with Wayne goss as premier. A more corrupt, incompetent government has never been known. Google "heineraffair.info", see what complete, total & utter evil you find, try it, all of you please.

Mark Latham was right about one thing, the labour/green coalition is rotten to the core, beyond any hope of redemption.

Ludwig, i have a better idea for you, vote for minor parties or independents & then direct your preference against the sitting member in all electorates, then none of them would have a safe seat, or do, any more than 1 single term. Just think about it, none of them, would ever get their grubby hands on a superannuation payout.
Posted by Formersnag, Saturday, 6 February 2010 1:15:17 PM
Peter Vexatious, I do not agree that Christianity necessarily make a good person. Christianity does however if followed provide some very good basic principles to use in life and teaches nothing bad. Nevertheless like all other faiths it is all man made and does more to devide people than it does good. However I have met many religious bigots in my time I would not give the time of day to and attending church one day a week and then not abiding by the principles taught does not make anyone worthy of anything. I agree with your comments apart from the Christian bit. What we need is decent experienced people in politics who have the country's intry at heart and not their own.
Formersnag, I understand you completely however a Diplomat is a Public Servant and that is what KRUDD was although he was in a position to provide advice. That does not give him political experience at all yet alone the credentials to run a country as PM.
I especially believe that the Superannuation for Politicians is a rort and should be done away with by a scheme that does brings them into line with community standards
Posted by Hellfire, Saturday, 6 February 2010 2:13:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy