The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Missing posts

Missing posts

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
We've received a couple of complaints that some posts are not appearing on the site after the submit button has been hit. After the first complaint we thought that it was an isolated event, but two other regular posters have made a similar complaint.

If you're experiencing problems entering and submitting comments, could you contribute to this thread so that we can sort out what the problem might be?

In the first place, just tell us what happened and anything you think might be relevant, like the type of browser you are using.
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 21 April 2008 10:16:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Graham

I noticed (due to the attention drawn to it by others not myself) that a couple of posts to the 'Fitna fits Islam' thread had been deleted... apparently one at least was as there was a message sent out to some.

I won't repeat the post here, but simply note for others sake that it was concerning simply the legality of certain types of statements in the light of the RRT in Vic.

I then posted another asking if anyone had changed their view, or now took the view that God 'commanded' murder and rape in the Old testament.

Rather important questions given the problems Christians face in daily life from mocking, hate, and generally being regarded as 'child molesters' if you mention 'Church'. I've personally experienced this, and to be blunt "it sucks"... so, anything which is 'falsely' claimed by others which can add to this negativity against the flock, I become rather focused.

In all those posts in that thread, and with interaction with others, I've never tried to claim that God did not 'order' the elimination of certain people groups in judgement. I do take exception though to the claim that He "ordered" rape....because,.... He did not.

To all.. say what you like... but please be as sure as possible its true and supportable first.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 21 April 2008 2:32:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No BOZO, I don't think that is what GY meant...?

Graham, I have noticed in the last two to three weeks that when I press 'post message' there is frequently a long enough delay for the 'time out' message thingy to comes up, so I have to repeat the process.

Sometimes I click again (BEFORE getting that message), and get a message that I cannot post the same message twice,- yet I had no acknowledgment that it had been posted at all!

Browser? Optusnet..?

AND...I notice that my history of navigating to different threads on the forum builds up in a small window on the toolbar showing (at present)-"3 Internet Explorer". When I log out I have to close each of these going back to where I've been on the site.......,if you see what I mean?
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 21 April 2008 3:36:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're right Ginx, I'm not sure what BD is talking about. I haven't deleted any of his responses for a while, and if I had, I would have told him and give him a warning, as I do everyone else.

Thanks for the info about the time out, and the trace. I don't get the trace, although we have one operating to try and keep a handle on sock puppets, and I've never experienced the time out in the forum, but it sometimes happens with admin functions.

BTW, if anyone posts to this thread and I don't answer fairly quickly, it will be because of the posting limit. Just a warning.
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 21 April 2008 4:09:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have experienced the same problem as Ginx - time-out during uploading a post; my browser software is the latest Firefox. I don't experience this problem with other blog sites, only on OLO.
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 21 April 2008 4:15:04 PM
I get the time out thing too and it's flipping frustrating when you've just composed the cleverest and most insightful comment on earth to have it disappear into the ether.

IE and ISP is Soul. Also, I've been hanging around here for years and this is only a recent thing. Same as Fractelle, it doesn't happen anywhere else.

Is anyone else feeling rather silly now for not mentioning it before?
Posted by chainsmoker, Monday, 21 April 2008 5:16:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy