The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Missing posts

Missing posts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
hi to all the forgotten australians out their

i had trouble weeks ago and i was being told the sever was down

anyway i just want to say why im here

IS FOR THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT TO READRESS THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS REPORT AND PROTECTING VUNLERABLE CHILDREN IN INSTITUTIONAL CARE AND OUT OF HOME CARE THE FIRST REPORT AUGUST 2004 AND THE SECOND REPORT MARCH 2005.

IM A REAL VICTIM OF THE RAPES AND ABUSE THAT OCCURRED IN THESE STATE RUN INSTITUTIONS IN THE STATE OF NEW SOUTH WALES

THIS IS REAL AND TRUE

AND I AM NOT THE ONLY VICTIM OF THIS AUSTRALIAN COVER UP BY THE STATE OF NEW SOUTH WALES

WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS BUT WE WILL NO LONGER BE FORGOTTEN

REGARDS HUFFNPUFF
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 21 April 2008 5:24:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You lot amaze me. I would never of found this thread if I had not stumbled across it by accident. It seemed to me to be hiding in an obscure corner of the web site, and its not like this site has any lack of obscure corners. It seems to have "evolved" but unlike Darwin evolution the old bits don't die, they just stop being updated. Yet none of you seem to of had any trouble finding it. What am I missing? How did you find it so quickly?

GrahamY: "I haven't deleted any of his responses for a while, and if I had, I would have told him and give him a warning, as I do everyone else." Excellent. My opinion of the editorial policies at OLO just keeps going up. But it would not hurt to say that you do that somewhere, perhaps in the forum rules?

GrahamY: "I don't answer fairly quickly, it will be because of the posting limit." The forum owner is subject to the posting limit. Your kidding me!
Posted by rstuart, Monday, 21 April 2008 6:09:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have been having trouble with the Time out/Double posting thing for some time - thought it was a China thing. So yep. Do feel rather silly for not mentioning it before.
Posted by Romany, Monday, 21 April 2008 6:17:22 PM
It would really help to know more about what the posters themselves are seeing, at the time comments are posted.

If you receive a timeout or similar message while posting, please copy it to your clipboard (highlight, right-click, "Copy"), use the "Feedback" link in the yellow strip at the bottom of the screen, and paste the message (right-click, "Paste"). Include a concise description of what you were doing immediately before the problem, eg, "I had previewed a general comment and clicked the post button; it took a long time and then displayed this message; it's 18:44".

Many thanks to those of you who have already submitted information.
Posted by Dewi, Monday, 21 April 2008 7:37:07 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it, rstuart.

The 'Technical Support' area of the Forums must first be 'invoked'. Its always 'there', but not always 'on show'.

The default Forum display will keep a topic on display in the Technical Support area for one month, unless that particular topic is pushed down by other topics succeeding it at a sufficient rate. To date, such has not often (if ever) happened. Should no topic succeed one posted in this area, the whole 'area' will languish and disappear from the boards. Until recently, this languishing was the apparent status quo with respect to 'Technical Support". Hence you saw it not, for it was not there to see!

The 'invocation' is made when you enter the dialogue 'start a new discussion' by clicking the relevant button. You are asked as to what area of the Forums your post should be made in. You click the relevant box, and, behold, unless you have run into the problem that is the subject of this thread, your topic (upon approval) duly appears in this area of the Forum.

Whilst I can't claim to have run into the specific problem that is the subject of this thread, it is good to see Forum users realizing that there may be things happening here that are not necesarily as intended by the Forum administration. IMHO it would be naive to think that this site was not a target for 'cracker' interference, which is not to say that that is necessarily the likely cause of the problem, but it would be foolish to dismiss such possibility out of hand.

Its presumably no big deal, but I've yet to see any acknowledgement of the 'italics' curiosity raised in my post to the thread 'Archiving of threads suppressing comment?' in this area. Has not anybody noticed it from time to time?

What about a 'sticky' on Forum use and features, Graham Y?

PS And yea, I have found where articles get their first comments from, and how articles enter from other than the top of the list!
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Monday, 21 April 2008 8:48:14 PM
Chainsmoker... I find the 'back' button will often take me back to those insightful posts...but also, another trick I learned from BITTER experience on youtube.. COPY your post to the clipboard before hitting the 'send/post' button.

Noting irritates me more than doing a thoughtful, insightful, wonderful, fantastic, amazing, LONGGGGG and most of all 'humble' :) post to something only to be told "Message too long" and you are suddenly logged OUT, or.. you get 'Internal server error' and whole lot of mish mash meaningless gibberish lettering.

But on the 'time out' thing... (OLO) yep..I get that sometimes.

GY..'noted'.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 5:32:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy