The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are Aussies really rednecks? > Comments

Are Aussies really rednecks? : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 10/6/2010

Multiculturalism is still the best social and political system for societies like Australia which are based on migration.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. What a well thought out and well written article. You have taken many myths and arguments and discussed them in a factual way. Thank you
Posted by TillyJ, Thursday, 10 June 2010 11:04:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess the main issue you have addressed here is, Why is it always the white guys fault? I say that believing to that Multiculturalism is indeed the best path for Australian. What I think always gets turned on its head whenever this topic is talked about no matter what the issues, it's always the white guys fault. This is the root cause of much of the back lash against multiculturalism in my view. White people cannot talk about any negative aspect of multiculturalism without being branded as a racist.
What many Australians think about the "Muslim issue" is not that we don't want them here it's more the feeling that they (the Muslims) don't want us here. That they don't embrace multicultural, that they want to live in a monoculture.
but seeing as I’m a white Anglo-Saxon male I guess it's my fualt.
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 10 June 2010 11:28:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alice Aslan,
Please indicate where around the globe any form of Islamic governance has produced positive human rights outcomes.
Please also indicate where Islamic laws or doctrine repudiate the countless calls to violence in the Koran.
Please offer an explanation for the massive over-representation of Islamic immigrants in European jails.
Please explain the massive over-involvement of Islamists in terrorist activities.
Please explain how Islam can be reformed, in light of the comments of Muslim experts who hold little hope:
http://frontpagemag.com/2010/05/27/symposium-the-worlds-most-wanted-a-%e2%80%9cmoderate-islam-%e2%80%9d/
Please advise how the problems of
female genital mutilation,
Islamic terrorism,
honour killings,
etc, etc, etc,
will be ameliorated, and not exacerbated, by Islamic immigration.
It's all very well to imagine a utopian outcome
arising out of multicultural proselytising,
but this is the real world where the Koran, in fact,
preaches Islamic supremacism and death to the infidels.
It has done so for 1400 years.
What is your plan for stopping this relentless process?
To imagine it away?
It wasn't "fear which ate away the souls" of some
250,000,000 historical victims of Islamic barbarism:
http://www.politicalislam.com/tears/pages/tears-of-jihad/
More likely it was the head separating from the neck.
Islam and its naive apologists are a greater danger to the future of Australia than any "redneck".
You totally ignore the grim reality that, according to Islam,
Australia is Dar al-Harb and it is the duty of every follower of
Islam to work toward the day when the whole world becomes Dar al-Islam.
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 10 June 2010 11:49:05 AM
Alice Aslan, born in Turkey and now living in her second Anglo/Saxon country, has at least once before this article, made a point of insulting Australia and advising that Australia is a ‘multicultural’ country, and we just have to get used to it. At the time she wrote that, she received an understandable reaction from Australians who took exception to a foreigner telling them what they should get used to it. She must have been delighted to hear the opinion of fellow racist and ignoramus, Robin Williams. She also seems pleased that Left Anglo, self-hating Australians think along the same lines as Williams. While Williams is a nobody with nothing to do with Australia, the Left Australians are the real problem; they are maladapted in that, unlike most people, they tend to attack their own kind and believe that there is something fine and noble in buddying up to people who are unlike themselves, while rubbishing their own kind. Psychology has clearly identified these maladapted, malcontents who are becoming more prevalent among white, Westerners.

These left-wing cranks encourage the likes of Alice Aslan, who has been allowed to come to Australia, courtesy of our non-discriminatory immigration policy, to pontificate on subjects that most new comers avoid, if only because of their good manners and unwillingness to insult their hosts.

Alice Aslan, and those of her ilk, who come from non-Anglo, Third World countries - and Muslim countries like Turkey who are having trouble getting into the ECU because of their bad human rights history – then criticise the white, Anglo/Saxon havens that take them in, are at best extremely bad mannered and, at worst – and highly probable – dangerous to our culture and way of life. They already have enough raw troops in our Left-wing nutters.

Note how many of them flit from one Western country to another, spreading their ‘message’. I wonder where Alice Aslan will go next; bet it’s not a Muslim, non-Anglo, democratic country.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 10 June 2010 1:09:48 PM
Alice writes from rhetoric and dogma. She writes

'Today, the majority of Australians from all walks of life have a negative opinion of Indigenous people. Indigenous Australians are associated mostly with alcohol abuse, dysfunctional family life, crime and welfare dependency. Even foreign visitors quickly form similar negative opinions through word of mouth once they set foot in Australia and avoid certain places in big cities because “Aborigines live there'

Have you lived in an area with many aboriginals? I have. Have you been had your house broken into by aborginals? I have chased a young aboriginal thief out of my house. Have you had aboriginal women beaten by aboriginal men in your front yard? I have several times of late. Have you had your car stolen by an aboriginal? My son has.

Until people funded by the Government get their facts right and take their racist blinkers off nothing will change. If you want to find out what true racism is like visit India and stop preaching your dogmas to the rest of us.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 June 2010 2:25:50 PM
btw

considering the aboriginal population is less than 15% of the town am I just unlucky along with all the rest of the victims of crime or is there a sense of lawlessness among many of the aboriginal population. It does not take to many brains for the average joe to work out. Many of the newly arrived immigrants are more prepared to face the truth than cushioned city academics who need their funding to continue by saying the right things.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 June 2010 2:34:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy