The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are Aussies really rednecks? > Comments

Are Aussies really rednecks? : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 10/6/2010

Multiculturalism is still the best social and political system for societies like Australia which are based on migration.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
Grim

I have no idea what some of your ramble was on about. What I understand is below.

"This mean no definition, can call anyone redneck (or, not call anyone redneck)." That's my point, it's only used to smear people who do not share an ism worldview.

"This mean 'redneck' only called when fall within defined parameters. (sorry, I don't know how to say that more simply)." What are these parameters, my point being in the modern PC word these parameters are what anyone wants them to be. Therefore if someone doesn't agree with another persons opinion or has a different view they are labeled as racist, xenophobe, islamophobe or put into the redneck category, in order to stifle their view.

"..how does a redneck define a 'good' black fella? They act just like white fellas" Is this your idea of what Ms. Aslan refers to a as a redneck, is this racism, cultural-racism? Before I asked for an example, is this it?

"Aussie rednecks don't really care about people's race, or ethnic characteristics; they just want everyone to act like whitefellas." You mean lead productive lives and adhere to the rule of law or something else? Please explain.

"If you visit a Chinese restaurant in Wauchope NSW, (cattle country) and ask for a dim sim, you will get a good Aussie beef burger, wrapped in won ton skin. I can't think why I thought that was topical..." Neither can I; Let me know if the burger is good, I might add Wauchope to my drive through holiday destinations.
Posted by Bigos, Saturday, 19 June 2010 12:08:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy