The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Eco Terrorists

Eco Terrorists

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"If they REALLY cared about the environment"

Will people ever realise that politicians 'really care' only about themselves and their overpaid jobs. It's the job they care about, hanging onto it, and retiring on a massive pension, plus a sinecure with China or some other crooked local mob.

Politicians in the 21st. Century are not nice or good people. That sort died out years ago.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 12 November 2022 7:55:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your take on politicians ttbn is cynical, just as most of your other opinions posted here are rather cynical. I do understand the belief you placed in the "great white hope" the coming messiah, Corny Banana, it was a false hope, and you landed on your arse with that one, most unfortunate on your part, but no need to be so negative, I say move on. The vast majority of politicians of all persuasions are reasonable people, with good intentions, even your new love Pauline, misguided as she is, dangerous yes, but she has a true belief in what she stands for, not always realised, but genuine.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 12 November 2022 8:58:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The media is not interested in covering peaceful,
well-behaved protests. That's the truth of the matter.
They want action - because that's what sells newspapers.
I've been to heard journalists themselves saying - "Lets
go - nothing's happening here."

But if you grabbed a police officer off his horse - hit him
with your placard - you'd get your photo in the next day's
newspaper. It you stood there quietly and politely - it
would be a case of - "Nothings happening here!"
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 November 2022 8:59:24 AM
I found with my kids that the best way to handle a tantrum was to ignore it or mock it....but never react to it. They soon learned that it wasn't the path to getting what they wanted.

When the 'Stop the oil' (or the stop whatever we don't like) protestors went for the the VW plant in Germany they got that treatment. They were ignored. At the end of the business day, they just closed up, turned off the lights and air-con and locked up. Occasionally security would check them by flashing torches at them in the dark. They requested bowls for urination and defecation but we ignored. They claimed to be on a hunger strike but complained they couldn't get any food. Other than that they were allowed to remain with their hands glued to the floor....and ignored.

After 42 hours they were arrested. That's how you treat a tantrum.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 12 November 2022 10:09:07 AM
That may work on some but as somebody raised it in
this discussion - what do you do when they glue themselves to
a valuable work of art? Run the risk of seeing it destroyed
by ignoring the action? Or what if they really are destroying
valuable property, heritage items, statues, et cetera. Some
things you can't just ignore.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 November 2022 10:40:05 AM
The only violence I have witnessed at a protest, and I've been to a few, was during the Vietnam War moratoriums in Sydney. Coppers would remove their badges then wade into the protesters, and drag young girls by their hair, throwing them into the backs of paddy wagons, assisted at times by Neo-Nazis . Protesters would be charged such crimes as "assaulting police". Now who were the criminals then?
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 12 November 2022 12:03:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy