The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Eco Terrorists

Eco Terrorists

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Active protest aka social terrorism has been effective in the past eg suffragettes (votes for women), civil rights and anti-nuclear movements. Some suffragette protestors in the UK attacked works of art. Mostly these movements disowned violent protesters (who were a minority) but there's no doubt the violent actions made front-page news and focussed attention on the issues. Of course it's not just 'progressives' and 'left wingers' who do this, see Jan 6, and Taliban destroying artworks.
Posted by Cossomby, Friday, 11 November 2022 10:42:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Again, I would have to agree with TTBN. I think the good Doctor is on the money when he describes some of these demonstrators as being nuttier and nuttier. Moreover, I'm not entirely sure what I believe about this whole question of 'climate change'. There have been dire predictions, to utter refutation. And the truth; who knows where?

But what I do know, these demonstrators with their civil disobedience and disruptive behaviour, are not helping things if the Climate is deleteriously in danger of changing. Co-operative minds are what's needed not puerile, fatuous behaviour.

Therefore in our own way our family try not to pollute the atmosphere, nor thoughtlessly discard our hard rubbish before consigning it into appropriate receptacles in a way that's recommended, or directed, by our local Council.

Am I wrong? I dunno. Though I'm sure our current crop of scientists at the CSIRO and other eminent academics know a hell've a lot more about it, than I do. So obediently, like the proverbial sheep, I try to follow their rules and recommendations.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 11 November 2022 1:46:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think there will be an escalation of protests as they find no one
takes any real notice and frustration will drive them to action that
will result in violence.
Paul, there are holes in the so called settled science.
The rising co2 does increase temperature but it is not linear.
Still, we are on the verge of a fall in temperature in the next 50 to 100 years.
The next "Maunder Minimum" is due somewhere around 600 to 1000 years
after the last one around 1800.

Anyway, as an aside I have several boxes of Tulip seedlings for sale.
Any takers ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 11 November 2022 8:37:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I'll never forget what they've done and I'll never forgive what they have done.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11408709/Man-blasts-Just-Stop-Oil-M25-stunt-caused-miss-fathers-FUNERAL.html

Tantrums are meant to inflict pain on others. 'Agree with me or suffer the consequences'.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 12 November 2022 6:13:10 AM
Hey Aiden,

"A common feature of despicable authoritarian regimes is they label non violent protestors 'terrorists'."

I'll have a crack at that.

What makes a terrorist a terrorist?
- The acts themselves, or the 'end justifies the means' mentality that leads them to do whatever they do?

I'd argue that by mentality alone, and a willingness to deliberately break laws and hold others ransom to their beliefs and actions (in the acts of shutting down roads and cities) these people exhibit an 'end justifies the means' mentality in their actions.

It's closer to the mind of a terrorist than a normal sane person.

And they're not just 'non-violent protesters'
"Stand over there off the road in the park where other people aren't inconvenienced in the going about of their lives".

No, they can't do that can they, they deliberately set out to disrupt society and don't care if people can't pick up their kids, or if people die in ambulances stuck in traffic from road closures.

I'm not against doing things that are better for the environment but I won't support cutting ones nose off to spite the face.

These people aren't interested in creative ingenuity and a rational path to achieving a world that's better for the environment, they just want to take us back to the stone-age.

- And it's other people that suffer, not these middle class university retards who found a cause to champion to give their lives purpose.

I'd be willing to bet that just like the elites, their carbon footprint is much bigger than average peoples.

Recently they parked a car across a freeway to block traffic and across train tracks to block trains.
Interesting that they were petrol powered cars the hypocritical morons.
- They had to burn fuel in order to make their protest.
They're idiots.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 12 November 2022 6:37:32 AM
If they REALLY cared about the environment, they wouldn't be letting 200k+ people into our country every year when we already import water.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 12 November 2022 6:43:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy