The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Eco Terrorists

Eco Terrorists

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Sound bytes and sloganeering carries no weight.
Foxy,
Quite a lot more than not thinking with blinkers on !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 10 November 2022 2:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After losing the science debate on climate change hands down, the crackpot deniers are now looking for other avenues to vent their spleen on what is an obvious undeniable fact, climate change is real and without immediate action the consequences are too catastrophic to contemplate. The real "terrorists" are the deniers, their ostrich approach of putting their heads in the sand terrifies me, and all people of reason. If demolishing the pyramids, stone by stone, would save the planet, then I would say; "goodbye pyramids"!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 10 November 2022 6:50:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,
>Tanveer Ahmed is not a "regime",
I never says he was. But mislabeling people "terrorists" is a tool of despotic regimes, and anyone who does so should be called out on it no matter what their psychiatric qualifications.

>I have not expressed any opinion of my own
Your initial post did not make it clear, and your lack of questioning implied you concur.

> I think that glueing yourself to priceless works of art, roadways etc. is extreme, and
> totally out of all proportion - never mind useless and juvenile. So, 'terrorist' is a
> fitting word
Except they didn't glue themselves to priceless works of art; they glued themselves to the protective glass that covers priceless works of art. There's quite a big difference! The former is cultural vandalism and should be dealt with severely; the latter is merely a protesting stunt of no real harm to anyone.

Gluing themselves to roads is different. Depending on the road, there may be a high economic cost, so they could be regarded as saboteurs. But their actions weren't violent, so they aren't terrorists.

Indy,
>They are social terrorists i.e. Soldiers of parasitism !
Except they're not terrorists (they don't resort to violence or threaten people's lives).
And they're not soldiers.
And they're not of parasitism! Quite the opposite: they're protesting against parasitism and for sustainability.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 10 November 2022 10:46:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan

Whatever. You do bang on.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 November 2022 6:55:38 AM
" If demolishing the pyramids, stone by stone, would save the planet, then I would say; "goodbye pyramids"!"

And it would be just as effective in appeasing the CO2-Gods as any of the other policies currently in place.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 11 November 2022 7:05:28 AM
(they don't resort to violence or threaten people's lives).
Aidan
More people have & are dying without violence, all it needs is uncaring & incompetent & selfish people & presto-innocent people will die !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 11 November 2022 9:08:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy