The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Queen is dead

The Queen is dead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 43
  15. 44
  16. 45
  17. All
Issy and others want the colonial past suppressed and unspoken,
Paul1405,
Nonsense ! They've acknowledged the bad & the good. Whereas you couldn't actually exist without having something rotten to revel in just like a maggot !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 10 September 2022 7:45:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The arch pacifist, Mahatma Gandhi was educated in South Africa and praised the White Rule.
Interesting that is!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 10 September 2022 9:16:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you David for you most comprehensive response. I therefore should apologise to you for being so thin skinned.

Interestingly, I think both our aboriginals and the police want the same outcomes, and that's justice for all indigenous people not the pretenders who like to have a foot in both camps. Those of whom who choose to ride whichever train it suits them at the time. Besides the coppers prefer to chase real crooks, not hound down the unfortunate victims of our Social Security System.

In fact there's one particular gentleman, who I will not name for fear of being sued, who claims to be aboriginal and speaks on their behalf - He's nothing but an imposter, but regrettable he has the ear of the aboriginal elders, and they accept him as indigenous - He's managed to thoroughly hoodwink them with tales of entrenched police hatred that he peddles continually towards them and their brothers.

My mates occasionally ask me whether I think we'll ever have complete assimilation between black and white Australians? My answer is no, I don't think so, certainly not in the next fifty odd years at least. City folk look at certain areas in our major cities, and they simply shake their head in despair, as do I.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 10 September 2022 9:47:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver Dan,
I suggest that you study Gandhi, he made use of violence, provoked violence, and recruited actively for the British Army.
He bears responsibility, in part, for the deaths of thousands of his fellow countrymen in WWI
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 10 September 2022 10:19:37 PM
Ghandi was a wife beater who was cruel to his children and had a penchant for very young girls.
He was also a supporter of apartheid and despised black Africans.

Nelson Mandela was a convicted terrorist who in later life still refused to disavow the use of violence as a legitimate form of political expression.

All great heroes had "feet of clay" but are rightly remembered for their positive contributions to social change.
Posted by rache, Sunday, 11 September 2022 1:42:37 AM

Dear Maverick,

You wrote :

« You're lucky the Queen didn't Moon youse ! »

Mooning being a rather vulgar form of protest, often employed towards people of authority, I can’t imagine the late Elizabeth II mooning anybody. She had prestige and authority and God alone above her (if not, nobody and nothing).

A case in point was the mooning of our present king, Charles II, and his then-wife, Diana, and their son William, by the Maori during their Royal Tour of New Zealand in 1983.

Also, it is strangely significant that the British Monarchy continues to exhibit, indefatigably, the so-called “divine right of kings”, at least, shall we say, symbolically. The Royal motto, “Dieu et mon droit” (God and my right), inscribed on the scroll beneath the shield on the coat of arms of the United Kingdom attests to this. The inscription has never been deleted.

Unlike the royal heirs of most other nations, the heirs to British royalty continue to be anointed with holy oils by the Archbishop of Canterbury, thereby ordaining them not only to monarchy but also to the paramount religious post of “Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England”.

This is in complete concordance with Saint Paul’s epistle to the Romans 13:1 :

« Everyone must obey the State Authorities, for no authority exists without God’s permission and the existing authorities have been put there by God. Whoever opposes the existing authorities opposes what God has ordered and anyone who does so will bring judgment upon himself »

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 11 September 2022 4:20:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12