The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Lydia Thorpe Petition

Lydia Thorpe Petition

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
Issy, you couldn't even get her name right, what else have you got WRONG!

BTW, her names is LIDIA not Lydia, at least check it out first before you make your unsubstantiated claims. Its all sour grapes with the far right mob, got their arses kicked at the election, that's twice for ttbn, and now whinging about it. LIDIA is there representing half a million Victorians who support progressive change for the better, not some old tart in England, not a flag with a symbol of murderous genocide blazoned on it, not those who want guns in the hands of children, not the racists and haters, but Australians who look to a fairer future for all. The whingers can suck on that! Half a million voted for Lidia, and 30 signatures on a so called petition.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 20 July 2022 10:06:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ttbn,

«You are always so proud to proclaim your lack of knowledge and disinterest,»

In the details of political filth, imposed upon most ordinary people against our will.

«but you keep on making making comments about everything.»

Well not everything, I mainly comment where I care about following certain universal moral principles and see them broken.

«I am objecting to a person who lied under oath, admitted it, says she doesn't think of herself as an Australian, but is allowed to remain in the Australian parliament.»

I agree that lying is not right, with only very few exceptions (like telling the Nazis "there are no Jews in here"). But is it really lying when everyone is clearly aware from the start that one does not mean what they technically swear? How about openly declaring just before taking a formal oath/affirmation: "I have no intention whatsoever to follow what I am about to say in the next minute:..."? Or, "I would be lying if I said that "I A.B. do swear, etc."?

As for thinking of oneself as Australian or otherwise, what if a person who doesn't think of him/herself as an Australian was democratically elected to represent a region, a constituency where the majority of voters did not think of themselves as Australians?

Would you see this any differently if it happened in Russia or its occupied territories and an elected representative reflected the wishes of their constituents who did not think of themselves as Russian?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 20 July 2022 10:28:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey ttbn,
Hang on a minute here...
What if I don't support the Union Jack on our flag?
What if I don't support being a colony of the British Commonwealth but support Australia for Australians?
What if I don't support butt-kissing the British royals?
What if I openly state my position and other like minded people agree with me and want to vote for me?
What if I genuinely want to do good things for OUR country and the people in it?
Should I be neutered into bowing out on principle once I get across the line because of a stupid oath to serve the wishes of some woman in England?
What if I was never there for the purposes of some silver-spooned woman in England but for the betterment and best interests of OUR nation in it's own right, voted in by other like minded Aussies?

And yes you were trying to cancel her, when you said she should be removed.
It seemed to me you were holding two contradicting positions when the other day you started a thread complaining about cancel culture.
If you hate cancel culture like I do, you don't just jump to try to cancel people on a whims.
If she had've lied in parliament about something else like her assets or business interests or people she associated with or matters of policy or travel allowances for example, then I would've been saying 'Get her outta here!!'

"doesn't think of herself as an Australian"
Well that's stupid identity politics for you, and she no-doubt supports that backwards crap.
- No wonder I don't like her.
She probably identifies as indigenous, and thinks that's something different to being an Australian, which to me means a citizen of this bloody continent.

Licking a foreigners arse isn't a prerequisite to serve the interests of OUR country.
Now go groom Her Majesty's stool, if that's your wish.
And make sure you groom it properly, not slapdash.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 July 2022 2:38:54 AM
Hey Yuyutsu,
>>Really? so you would serve the country even if that was against the wishes of your constituents who voted for you?
Would you, like the other politicians, lie to them in order to get elected only to betray them the next day?<<

No, definitely not.
I'd stick to my campaign promises as one should.
I may change my policies if / when I run for re-election.
And if re-elected - I'd stick to those campaign promises.

>>like telling the Nazis 'there are no Jews in here'<<
"Come out Jews, the German people are your friends" Lol.
Yeah that's lying Yuyutsu, but one can understand why one might lie if in that situation.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 July 2022 2:49:50 AM
Dear Critic,

Thank you so much for clarifying - I am proud of you...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 21 July 2022 8:19:58 AM
AC

You seem to have lost control. You can think or believe anything you wish. I don't care. I don’t care because you are an individual, just like me and other posters; you are not someone who got her snout into the public trough by lying, and admitting she lied to undermine government and Australia, and its values. She is a vile person.

I believe in freedom of speech because it shows me who the idiots are. In general, no harm is done by idiots, and there should be no repercussions against any citizen no matter how stupid. But, when it comes to someone like Thorpe, paid by the public, but who has let down that public and abused her position, well, that is very different, and she should be held to account for that abuse and disloyalty.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 21 July 2022 8:36:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All