The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cancel Culture and Acceptance in Australia

Cancel Culture and Acceptance in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
According to a 'mainstreet' survey, younger Australians are more likely than older Australians to self-censor and "consider when and with whom they share their opinions due to the rise of cancel culture".

77% of Gen Z

74% of Gen y

66% of Gen X

52% of Baby Boomers

50% of Builders (DOB 1924-1945), are reluctant to or frightened of expressing their opinions, thanks to Cancel Culture.

The scaremongering is working, particularly on the young.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 July 2022 5:08:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

Maybe if you provide a link to this "survey" in Australia by what appears to be a Canadian based company we could understand it better.

As for opinions, my 16 year old granddaughter has no problem expressing her opinion on a whole range of subjects, from Old Farts on a forum to who should be running the country. No cancel culture with her, the wife is the same, so am I.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 15 July 2022 6:01:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps you could provide a link to your 'Canadian' comment about questions put to Australians, smartarse.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 July 2022 9:12:37 AM
I'm not surprised that some young Australians
would be hesitant to speak up in today's Australia.
Especially Australians from a non-European ethnic
background - who even today still can experience
negativity and having to almost apologise for their
presence, because they're not "Australian" enough.

Ask any Chinese, Muslim, First Nations person or
any other ethnic background individual. They will tell
you of their personal experiences.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 July 2022 9:40:57 AM
Trust Foxy to turn it around to race: not mentioned in the survey. But, of course, racists and people obsessed with race just can't help themselves. It's a pity that she has the misfortune to be European and not some exotic race so that she could really get stuck in to moaning.

People have not been made wary of speaking their minds because of racism, real or imagined; they have been silenced by Leftist culture cancellors like Foxy.

As an aside, Foxy doesn't appear to have had much contact with non-white Australians. She will, of course, deny that.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 July 2022 10:58:38 AM
Once again ttbn lets fly with personal attacks on me
Why? When the topic he's raised is about cancer
culture and acceptance in Australia. Yet he attempts
to shut me up and negate my own experiences by
blaming me on racism? Well folks I guess that proves
the point doesn't it - why young people would be scared to
express opinions - particularly on social media with
people like ttbn posting.

In any case - he's obviously not spoken or experienced
relationships with many non-European people. I have.
Not only through my work, my studies, but through my
involvement in many communities.

BTW: Senator Mehreen Faruqi in her Sydney PEN's annual
lecture also raised this subject and issue.

Perhaps ttbn - should get out more?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 July 2022 11:41:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy