The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cancel Culture and Acceptance in Australia

Cancel Culture and Acceptance in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
excuse my typo. I meant to type - cancel culture -
although I was thinking of ttbn - and ended up referring
to cancer instead. A natural assumption to do!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 July 2022 11:43:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"77% of Gen Z"

I wouldn't necessarily say the cancel culture is working as much as its simply a consequence of the indoctrination agendas.

You see if you have a teenage kid now, they are much more likely to have friends that identify as 'they' or 'them' and expect their friends and their parents to abide by the way they see things.

My friends teenage daughter recently made a big deal with her mum about the fact that her friend identifies as 'they' or 'them'.
Started some big argument or something, for calling them girls or 'her' or something...

I like to keep things simple
I think of male, female and 'freaks'.
It's not my job to try and guess your chosen gender.
I recognise biological gender - something assigned at birth which none of us have control over.
No-one on the planet got to choose their own gender.
Those that identify as something different that what they got at birth are all freaks
People who identify as 'they' or 'them' on merit must be split personality
- therefore exhibiting mental issues.

I don't see how its my job to assimilate into anyone else's mental issues
I've got enough regular problems of my own without having to cater to their twisted mental problems

They can identify as a cassowary for all I care
But that doesn't mean I'll recognise them as being a cassowary.

I've said it before, some bloke might decide hes a woman and wear a dress
But what if I don't see a woman, and instead simply see a dude in a dress?
Not my fault.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 15 July 2022 12:10:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Did you see your name on my last post? No, you didn't, because I was talking about you, not to you, which is a total waste of time. You have no need to read anything you don't like, certainly if it is not addressed to you. Perhaps you have a masochist streak.

AC

Cancel Culture does indoctrinate - in schools, universities, social media, and mainstream media. It's how they work.

Their vileness is not in the air like Covid.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 July 2022 1:58:36 PM
ttbn,

You did mention my name several times - that's why I reacted.

And I don't need your permission for what I do or do not
read and when you mention people by name - they usually
will re-act to your slurs. Even awesome, polite people,
such as myself.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 July 2022 3:35:05 PM
ttbn: Insulting people in the third person is just as bad as insulting them directly. Actually it's worse, because it's very patronising. And you did write Foxy's name, twice.
Posted by Cossomby, Friday, 15 July 2022 6:25:25 PM
"Cancel Culture does indoctrinate - in schools, universities, social media, and mainstream media. It's how they work."

Yeah, look our leaders on the Russia situation.
- Acting like kids in kindergarten

'Let's cancel Russia from our meetings like they don't exist,
- We don't want to talk to them or allow them to share their point of view on things
- But we'll complain about them everyday and blame them for everything, that's fine'
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 15 July 2022 7:23:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy