The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electronic firearms commercially available in the US

Electronic firearms commercially available in the US

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Hi Issy,

I have no problem with people such as yourself who are competent with a gun, applying for a "professional" (pest control) licence for the control of feral pigs etc. What I object to are the amateur weekend Rambo's.

Funny you should say that about 22's. Back in NZ, some of the young bros thought they would kill the beast for Tangi at the Marae. Normally not a problem. Unfortunately the young bros had nothing better than a 22 to "kill" the poor animal with. A clean shot to the head, well the beast took off through the fence and settled in with the neighbours cows. While the bros were trying to retrieve said beast, the white farmer turned up w with his 22. You know the rest.

How often up North in NZ have I seen a "feral" sheep hanging in a Maori's garage, where the truck should be, keep the door closed, you know "flys". All the whanau get a feed. Maori's call cars, trucks.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 20 February 2022 4:32:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know people who, when sober in control of a car are more dangerous to others than target shooters with a .22 or people at 1.0 alcohol level.
re your argument about professional users of high powered firearms goes without saying just like a truck driver needs a more powerful vehicle than an old girl shopping on Sunday mornings.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 20 February 2022 6:18:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kudos Is Mise on bringing up the simple but effective technology of coil guns- also useful for non-weapon applications.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 24 February 2022 2:15:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy