The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Covid stinks, & so does our reactions

Covid stinks, & so does our reactions

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
You sound like a decent neighbour Hasbeen
Posted by Truth Seeker, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 5:35:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver Dan you make the same error as many in assuming that people who do not want to receive the "vaccines" on offer in Australia are antivaccination
Firstly they are not true vaccines in the old sense They were allowed to skip proper scientific scrutiny and their makers admitted they could not stop the virus but could only ameliorate its impact Many of us have been waiting for the safer and more carefully developed Covax 19 and Novovax vaccines but for some strange reason they are still not available in Australia
The Truth will out eventually over this whole sorry saga
Posted by Truth Seeker, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 5:41:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Truth Seeker

What’s in a word? Anti vaxxer is a person refusing the vaccination re COVID-19.

As in the past, the media were a contributing cause of community opposition to vaccination, so too with the current Covid vaccines. Has anything changed?
Sadly not apparently.

What this stand indicates to me is a distinct lack of faith in medical science, if you wish to object, ( as you appear to), to current science.

The vaccines science rating is not at question. In your own admitted case, what you prefer to do is wait for better science to arrive.
I’m sure in the future this event will transpire, but currently what we have in the form of vaccines is what is publicly available.
The claim for the vaccine is to ameliorate the effects of the disease. That appears to be working.

But that doesn’t address the reluctance of a small group of the population to resist the mandate that appears to be in place, to put pressure on them to comply.

It appears the small component of objectors fall into three groups. Spiritual objection, political objection or philosophical objection. But from a view of public health, those who wish to abstain from vaccination are those with a pre-existing medical condition which could exacerbate the existing medical condition.

And as with any protest which goes against a public health mandate, there is a personal cost to pay for the opposition.
Should we have sympathy for objectors? I have sympathy for those that fall into the pre-existing medical condition, but I think this case cited above is melodramatic.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 7:57:25 PM
Let's hope the crazy old fart next door, didn't influence her not to get the vaxx. The time has come for all those who choose not to be vaccinated to be cut adrift, and take their chances with the virus.

Hearing of a rello of my wife's who unvaccinated, traveled from Sydney to Melbourne for the hols, Now in ICU in a hospital down there, in a bad way.

We went for the booster yesterday. Having had covid recently the booster is optional, we had it anyway.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 13 January 2022 5:56:58 AM
Hi Paul,

We had our second jab at the end of October.
We're booked in for a booster at the end of
February.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 13 January 2022 8:11:54 AM
That is very kind of Hasbeen and his son. What I see is the harm people will subject themselves to because of irrational beliefs. I don't believe in mandatory vaccination, but I think it moronic to increase your risk nearly tenfold. I disagree with foxy and Paul on many subjects. I agree with them on the benefits of covid vaccination. We will all be exposed to covid before long if we have not been already. I think it sad to see people subjecting themselves to risk because they choose to listen to internet crackpots and ignore the science based evidence for vaccination.
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 13 January 2022 12:51:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy