The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Covid stinks, & so does our reactions

Covid stinks, & so does our reactions

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Some people are getting a pretty rotten deal from our reactions to Covid. A young lady [early 20s], living next door in their granny flat has lost her job as a nurse at a nearby vets, because she won't get the jab. She has found a job in Cairns, with vets who don't care about the jab.

She has a 12 year old 2WD drive Ford Ranger crew cab ute, & a horse float with all her worldly possessions in it & is about to set off driving the 1688 kilometers through the current flood conditions, as she has to start next Monday.

My son recently fitted a new thermo fan for her as the thing was overheating.

He also had to sort out her auto. At a stop the thing would not come out of reverse, when the change cable fell out of the gearbox, due to a broken plastic clip. I would not want to even try to drive it so far, & she does not have road side assist. Brave or foolhardy, I guess she doesn't have much choice.

I sincerely hope we don't hear of a young lady in trouble stranded in a flood with a broken ute. It is not right that such a brave & independent young lady should be forced into such an action. Sometimes I don't like this world.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 11 January 2022 2:36:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
She sounds like a foolish young lady, not concerned with the care and maintenance of the health of either herself or her vehicle.
Posted by Cossomby, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 10:35:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
She is a very foolish girl indeed risking her life
and those of others. Non vaccinated people are
nine times more likely to end up being hospitalized
and they put everyone else at risk who have to
come and try to rescue them.

My younger brother and his family is of the same
mentality as the young lady. And there's no convincing
them either. At least for now.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 12:01:43 PM
A plucky young lady, taking responsibility for herself, with the courage to stand up to the bullies and scaremongers. We need more of her sort in nanny state Australia. Three cheers for her new employers, as well. Hope you will be able to tell us how she gets on, Hasbeen
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 2:23:52 PM
It’s hard to believe she is fessing up with the whole story. Has her previous employer been interviewed: maybe there is a deeper meaning here.

Covid-19 is a communicable disease. Special rules always apply.

Here is a spread on the history of anti Vader’s through the centuries.
Opposition looks pretty stupid in retrospect; especially the objection to the smallpox vaccination late nineteenth century. Plain dumb fits well.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi1soPLs6v1AhV7yzgGHSHxDicQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.historyofvaccines.org%2Fcontent%2Farticles%2Fhistory-anti-vaccination-movements&usg=AOvVaw3qTsiBtch-hAxO9MzF33JP
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 3:08:21 PM
I guess she will be banned from going to watch any tennis matches along the way.
Good on her.
She sounds like a fairdinkum Australian.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 12 January 2022 5:09:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy