The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Jacqui Lambie's Speech.

Jacqui Lambie's Speech.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
On the real business of Covid and yea or nay to vaccination, not some loony in the Senate, I suppose the new strain from Africa might just be coincidental at a time when China is becoming more involved in that continent.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 November 2021 7:36:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm surprised that anyone takes this intellectual pinhead Lambie seriously. Her logic is flawed, her examples are trite and it looks like she is struggling to read the text that someone else has probably prepared for her. For example, the same cringe-worthy logic could be used to claim that abortion is a choice and that women who choose not to abort should bear the consequences alone.

But then the left commonly heaps praise on all those that promote their doctrine irrespective of the idiocy of their arguments, how else would a retarded teenager get lionised.

While I firmly believe in the vaccination process and have had my entire family double vaccinated months ago, the exclusion of the unvaccinated from employment and society in general needs to be very carefully considered as the consequences may very well outweigh the benefits, something Lambie's fatuous diatribe did not consider.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 29 November 2021 8:49:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

I don't know why you are surprised. Look who put up the topic. Look at the spontaneous first responses. And, people actually had to vote to get that wild woman into the Senate
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 November 2021 9:07:34 AM
We've certainly had and continue to have "colourful" characters
in our Parliament from Barnaby Joyce, to Katter, to Pauline
Hanson, et al. Who can forget Ms Hanson's wearing the
Burqa in Parliament? And of course all these characters
have provided momentous moments for us to varying degrees.

I did not see Jacqui Lambie's speech - however I have
read it. She is entitled to her opinion - as are the
other "colourful" characters. They did after all get elected
and do represent certain constituents.

I dislike terms like - the "loony left" or "right-wing."
To me it's a way of changing the subject.

It is a way of demonstrating that
a person may actually have a point but you don't know how
to answer them -so you try to distract by labelling people.
People often accuse - but they can't illuminate.
And labels are an easy and lazy way of changing the subject.

Not everyone agreed with Jacqui Lambie. Five MPs crossed the
floor in support of the government. However the bill was
defeated.

Our parliament would be very much duller and boring without
people like Lambie, and other "colourful" characters in it.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 November 2021 9:35:54 AM
Talking about "colourful" characters ...
Does anyone remember Scott Morrison bringing in
a lump of coal into Parliament? A man who's now
our PM. Sometimes being "colourful" pays off.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 29 November 2021 9:41:08 AM
I believe Pauline has gone over to the Dark Side.

If you remember when she first started off she had a bloke that helped her gain fame, notoriety & followers. Once she had a goodly number of seats he tried to take over the Party.

The second time she had a bloke who helped her with her finances. He took of with the money & left her holding the bag, so to speak.

This time, she has two, supposedly disgraced LNP people helping her. They have turned her away from her Voting Base. Big, or just Business wants to open up, whole us bolus so they can make money. I believe These people are supporting her with her Finances so she is supporting them. On the advice of the two ex LNP's

The people, in the last election, voted to keep the Borders closed. Pauline wanted them open. Her Voting Base supported keeping them closed. It cost her at least two seats in the Queensland Government.

Exactly going to plan for the Ex-LNP members. The same thing will happen with the coming Federal Election.

I do believe the only reason the two ex NLP members are pretending to support Pauline & advising her is to ensure she loses her Voting Base completely, as per the prearranged plan from inside the NLP.

Prove me wrong. I've lost faith in her too.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 29 November 2021 9:59:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy