The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Major Parties Must Cull Their Left Factions To Regain Trust.

The Major Parties Must Cull Their Left Factions To Regain Trust.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
CM,

Let's forget these two stalkers and far Left apparatchiks, and move on to another group that needs to cull its Leftists: the Royal Family, whose next leader is so privileged that he can promote all sorts of rubbish that will never affect him. His son, William, seems to be something similar.

Both of these embarrassments to the throne will be waffling on with climate politics at Cop 26 next month. A very short time ago, nobody would have believed that members of the Royal Family would enter the sordid world of politics. These chinless wonders are surely working for the republican movement! They will still have their billions if they are tipped out.

Or, perhaps Charles sees the decline of democracy taking things back a couple of centuries to when the King's word was law. Whoever has wound up this ageing idiot has forgotten that the modern monarchy has been tolerated because of his gracious mother and because the institution has remained 'seen but not heard'.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 9:22:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't agree. All people have a right to support certain policy preferences.

Easy days for Australia are over. Major parties need to take account of many issues and many voters with eclectic policy preferences.

The right will find it much harder to get their way in Australia as compared to the US where there are so many more cleavages within society.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 10:13:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris,

You don't make it clear what it is you don't agree with.

The right will find it harder? I won't waste time asking 'what right', but although the so-called conservatives have been in government for much more time than Labor, the Left has always had the power; certainly since the demise of John Howard's government.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 10:39:49 AM
ttbn, for example, greenhouse gas emissions. The reality is the coalition cannot win if rejects the concerns of a lot of city liberal voters who expect much more to be done on the issue.

When I say right, I am merely saying less government intervention. It is not meant to be a critical term
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 11:47:13 AM
Chris

So when you say, "All people have a right to support certain policy preferences", you didn't mean Prince Charles, who does not pass as "all people". He should give thought to the first king of his name, who came to an unfortunate (for him) end. If he does take the thrown he might very well be the last monarch. Not that I wish him harm - there are ways to go about such things - but republicanism exists in the UK, and there is little hope of the love and respect for the Queen being transferred to him. I don't know if he has lost his marbles already, but he was heard last night saying that his Aston Martin runs on cheese and wine,

Not going along with the climate con might very well lose the election for the Coalition, and going along with it might, too. Most voters don't express their views in polls and online. From my own point of view, if Morrison falls for it - goes populist - he deserves to lose.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 12:39:18 PM
I have to agree with you Paul1405, when it comes to 'nutty stuff' having the right to build Nuclear Submarines in Adelaide is indeed nutty stuff. We need these Subs NOW, not years down the track when our potential enemy will be far more (underwater warfare) advanced than us.

I have this good mate of mine who's just taken discharge from the Navy, and he was a Lieutenant (Submariner) prior to his separation from the service. And he reckons that the Australian Government's mantra is always to play 'catchup' when it comes to Subs. and their latest technology.

Apparently there are over two dozen mothballed Nuclear Subs. moored in San Diego that Oz could quite easily lease from a more than willing United States Government? According to him these Subs. are both seaworthy, and up to warfare ready, but does Australian Submariners have sufficient training to crew such formidable vessels?

I was never in the Navy so I really wouldn't know. My information comes from a close friend, and he did fifteen years as a Commissioned Officer in the RAN with nearly half of it, in Collins Class Submarines.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 13 October 2021 12:56:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy