The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Australia need a new flag?

Does Australia need a new flag?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
There are very few things Philip Adams says that I agree with. But I've always liked his idea about the flag: don't have one.

Become the first and only nation on earth to decide to not have a flag. Now that would get the world's attention.

Just imagine the tears flowing as the various gold medallists stood on the podium while the nation dirge played and NOTHING was raised up the pole.

Just imagine the pride and the slight feeling of homesickness you feel as you travelled the world knowing that every time you saw an empty flag-pole, it represented your country.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 13 September 2021 8:22:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip Adams was, is, and will always be, a raving idiot. A flag is an essential means of identification.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:03:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, again I will again reccomend that you install Tinyurl and it will
save you no end of trouble.
Go to tinyurl.com and install it.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:14:19 AM
I have never heard of tinyurl, nor do I know what it does.
However my immediate thought was that this was the place Donald Trump would go to set up his new Social Media platform.
Back to the task at hand, keep the current flag, there's nothing really wrong with it. Having the Southern Cross on board is good enough for me.
Posted by ViolentEntropy, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:21:44 AM
mhaze,

Big hug.

Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:23:46 AM
The current flag represents 5 crosses of our culture and heritage and three colours of aspiration, purity and blood of toil. If the aborigionals do not like the Southern cross under which they lived for thousands of years; why are we representing them with black the colour of death and depression. How much of the early culture of aboriginals have we adopted as our culture?

At the rate of multiculturalism it might be we have a new flag each week until we fly the flag of China, as all our goods already have their stamp on them. The red flag of blood and toil with yellow stars, earthly aspirations.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 13 September 2021 9:25:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All