The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Well what do you know.

Well what do you know.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Pfizer have announced trials of a "NEW" oral drug for the treatment of Covid 19. Named PF-07321332, it is of the same family as Ivemectin, & acting in the same way as Ivemectin is already nicknamed Pfivermectin. Apparently it is just enough different to Ivemectin to allow it to be patent able. That should allow it to sell for a few hundred, or perhaps thousands of times the price of Ivemectin. What a surprise.

I guess it will need to. There will be a lot of hands that will expect greasing, all those who helped stop the use of Ivemectin.

It will be used in conjunction with ritonavir, one of those used in the concoctions of antiviral drugs treating AIDS. Could these people have been reading my posts on the subject?

Being "new" it could have hidden dangers, hence the trials, but it's so close to the almost totally safe Ivemectin that is unlikely.

This whole chapter is so close to that suggested by the conspiracy theory folk, that they had it almost line perfect.

I wonder if the vaccines have a similar action to steroids, & will require the vaccinated to keep getting reducing doses for some time, before they can be consigned to the rubbish bin of history. Could we still find we need a vaccine passport even after their use is no longer necessary
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 12:05:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Do catch up mate. Anti-virals are standard treatment already in our hospitals and have been for a long while.

"Two drugs work well enough that they are now standard in COVID hospital wards, including in Australia: the antiviral remdesivir, formulated to fight Ebola and somewhat effective in stopping the coronavirus replicating in cells, and the inexpensive steroid dexamethasone, which dampens that dangerous immune system overreaction. Dexamethasone is the stand-out, shown to bring down the risk of death by a third for COVID patients on ventilators, and nearly a fifth for those on oxygen therapy (“There’s no silver bullet but we’re very confident that saves lives,” Tong says)."
http://www.smh.com.au/national/how-are-hospitals-treating-covid-20210712-p5890t.html

We can hope that the Pfizer drug can lift those stats but to claim it will be a viable alternative to vaccination is just idiocy.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 5:39:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Hasbeen- My understanding on Ivemectin is that although it can kill Corona 'invivo' it can't 'invitro' at least on it's own. The reason for the issues with the clinical use of Ivemectin are apparently because the treatment of Corona would require amounts that would harm the patient. The broad spectrum Ivemectin is able to treat most other viral infections as they have different properties to Corona. Perhaps the pharma companies have come up with a successful combination of chemicals in the Corona case. I can understand Trump's view on Ivemectin- as the medical view is a moving and sometimes unreliable target- as I can understand the business community's frustration with Corona policy. I can also understand if the community in frustration has taken action without the medical establishment.

Let me know if you have a different take- or disagree with my take
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 8:31:18 PM
It's the patent of course.

No one could make billions out of a cheap old out of patent drug. Ivemectin had to be stopped, so a new version could be patented to coin the loot.

The tax payer will pay through the nose, so the cunning could make fortunes, aided by the usual useful idiots of course.

Only the blind or those who don't want to see could think otherwise, as the evidence is mountainous.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 7 September 2021 9:50:12 PM
To Hasbeen- You could be right regarding the patents- it certainly has happened before- for example with aspirin for heart disease. They've removed some old medicines from the approved list too such as mercurochrome- you can still get it in Australia but you need to ask at the counter as it's not on the shelves at the pharmacist.

It's hard to know what the truth is- if we can't trust the experts.

I'm not a doctor so given the standard disclosure to comply with the law- the following is not medical advise...

The techniques for viral testing are seemingly more complex than for bacteria.

I assume one could breed a viral culture in rats or similar and test the effectiveness at a per molar level of Invermectin and compare this with the known toxicity in humans- at least in a lab- from memory they were breeding Tamiflu vaccine in chicken eggs.

Or you could test it at a "safe" dose and see- there are a few ethical concerns here.

I don't understand the Corona virus enough though. It would be useful to know what mechanism is used in attacking other viruses and their envelopes.

I remember something about Invermectin functioning similar to cancer drugs that disrupt the cancers reproduction by "inculcation" and necrosis- but I could be completely wrong on this.

I've lost interest in the daily Corona news- but I suspect the information is out there to answer many of these questions for those that are interested.

Thanks Hasbeen for your information. Kudos
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 8 September 2021 3:52:00 AM
I have a few simple questions.
What is a vaccine? I thought it gave the body immunity from diseases. In my family I got Mumps and my younger Brother and Sister both got Measles so we three are obviously immune to both of them now.
The current jabs, first two, now four I am assured will not stop me getting or of passing on Covid. It is claimed though that I will get it less severely though.
So any of you experts care to enlighten me?
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 8 September 2021 3:26:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy