The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bye, bye Scott?

Bye, bye Scott?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
A book, "How good is Scott Morrison", by Wayne Errington and Peter Van Onslow, has - according to SkyNews - hinted that the PM will hand over the leadership after the next election without completing a full term. Based on a conversation with a Morrison "confidant".

Shades of the US, with a dud leader making way for a woman?
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 11 April 2021 11:57:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Van Onselen, not Onslow.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 11 April 2021 6:52:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon he will be dumped in the lead up to the next election, being replaced by Dutton.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 11 April 2021 7:17:01 PM
I'm somewhat amazed at his arrogant assumption that he will win the next election. As far as I'm aware, the Liberals don't have a rule making it hard to change leaders as Labor does, following the Rudd removal by Gillard. The Liberals got rid of Abbott, then Turnbull, so they might go for a hat trick - after all, he is only an accidental leader, there by dint of Turnbull's whispering in some very wet Left ears that have moved on. I can speak only for myself, but I know that other people who stopped voting Liberal after Turnbull got the job are still intending not to vote Liberal after Morrison's lack of the right stuff. If the Liberals want to win the next election - which they do not deserve to if they hang onto Morrison, they should already be sounding out Dutton.

Of course, Morrison might get the message and bow out gracefully.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 11 April 2021 7:42:07 PM
I'm not a fan of conservative politics, obvious from my posts about Morrison, aka ScumO'. The fact is Morrison is not a politician of substance, peel away the thin veneer and it exposes a fairly ordinary bloke as leader. However Morrison is still the best thing the conservatives have going for them, he is a winner, winning and perception is everything in politics, well, that don't say much for Albanese. The Australian public warm to moderates, and Australia is populated with moderate leadership, and it has been since the days of Gough Whitlam nearly 50 years ago. Dutton, like Abbott, both being moderates but with a perception of being radical. Dutton in the PM job his approval would collapse with the public just as a poorly perceived Abbott's did.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 12 April 2021 10:01:15 AM
Predicting anything in politics is risky at the
best of times - so we've been told. Then there's
the old adage - "Get out while the going is good."

Whether Morrison does get out or is forced to
get out, we'll have to wait and see.

"How Good is Scott Morrison?" the book by Wayne
Errington and Peter van Onselen apparently is a
good read. According to Laurie Oakes - "The book
rips away the PR curtain to look at the real
sins and virtues of our 30th PM."

And Barrie Cassidy says: "Scott Morrison is very
good at doing not much and yet winning the politics."

Errington and van Onselen produce a forensic examination
Scott Morrison's leadership. Flawed or not?
Reading the book may help to judge.

Lets look at Scott Morrison's track record.

He won an unwinnable election. His successful management
of a pandemic. Whether he chooses to go on a high is
up to him. The only person for his job appears to
be Peter Dutton. The Coalition may decide it would
rather go with a sure bet at winning - which Morrison
will undoubtedly do or risk Peter Dutton.
Interesting times ahead.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 April 2021 10:17:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy