The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bye, bye Scott?

Bye, bye Scott?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
ttbn, has been looking in far right field for his new messiah ever since he slipped on the Corny Banana peel some years back. I think he tried the lovely Pauline only to find she is a sandwich short of a picnic in the brains department when it comes to politics. Believing Dud Dutton to be the conservative savour is believing in miracles. ttbn there must be someone, other than Dutton, out there you can offer up as a far right totem for the believes to pray at their feet. Don't say Trump he doesn't qualify, too septic....tank.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 6:34:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pauliar,

Here are some ABC knockers (.)(.)
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 9:54:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadowminister,

Careful what you wish for:

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2014/march/1393592400/don-watson/conservative-crusade-against-abc#mtr
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 10:03:52 AM
Foxy,

Firstly, Scott is unlikely to be forced out of the liberal leadership as he has done so well in the past. If he does choose to go that will be entirely of his own making.

Secondly, the left whinge polemic from the Keating hack Don Watson, in the left whinge Monthly rag (sic) is so biased it is not worth repeating. Considering how you whine when something from NewsCorp is referenced then link this drivel.

Defunding the ABC is not a free speech issue. I have no problem with the existence of left whinge rags such as the Monthly, the Guardian or the old Fairfax papers as I can choose not to read them and I contribute nothing to their existence. What I and many others have a problem with is a blatantly left whinge vanity project with a dwindling audience being funded out of my pocket.

I wouldn't give a jot if the ABC continued in its ideological miasma if it was independently funded.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 12:10:16 PM
Shadowminister,

Accusations of bias are useful tools to undermine
confidence and support for our national broadcaster.
Just as fake news is deployed by Putin's Russia to
undermine social stability in institutions in the
West.

Also some bias in the ABC is not a vice but a virtue.
And it is mandated in its charter. Specifically the
ABC is required to provide within Australia
innovative and comprehensive broadcasting services
of a high standard as part of its network consisting
of national programs that contribute to a sense of
national identity and inform and entertain and reflect
the cultural diversity of the Australian community.

Commercial media has no such mission. The ABC especially
radio devotes air-time to issues that are ignored by
other media.

BTW - Don Watson is an award winning writer and
journalist, and the link I gave was meant tongue-in cheek.
At least it made me laugh out loud.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 1:13:54 PM
cont'd ...

As far as Morrison is concerned?

Read what I wrote on that subject.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 April 2021 1:15:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy