The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should we accept China as big Brother/

Should we accept China as big Brother/

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. 16
  17. All
Hi Yuyutsu, Mr O and Joe

I am disappointed that you would advocate nuclear proliferation, "our own nukes to deter China". It's clearly shown that bombs are not a good deterrent, take India and Pakistan, both have nuclear weapons, but Pakistan is under resourced in the field, and is more likely to launch a nuclear attack because of that reason, a first strike attempted knockout, a limited regional nuclear war. If Australia was to develop atomic bombs then so could dozens of other countries as well. Simply making the likelihood of nuclear war that much greater.

What we need to combat China's build up is not military treaties, WWI demonstrates what happenings when you go down that path, we need economic and social treaties. "scorched-earth" ScumO' and his conservative cohorts showed us what a scorched-earth policy achieves with last summers bushfires.

Mr O, I agree people is a Chinese export, well the removal of those people is seen as excess to requirements. We should be greatly concerned that we have some politicians whose self-interest is such that they put themselves before Australia when dealing with China. What a joke was Morrisons glove puppet Birmingham when dealing with China recently, we should be embarrassed as a nation that this clown was waving his hankie at China's door, and all he got was a side of beef thrown in his face.

Joe, absolutely, aid dollars spent in our region are a far better investment as a defence for us than what most people realise. I have to be honest, speaking with a friend in Fiji, China is a concern to him, but at the end of the day, decent health, education, roads and other badly needed basics are a far greater concern. Who pays for those badly need items, he don't much care. My friend remembers how his father and grandfather "slaved" in the sugar industry for the British.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 January 2021 6:04:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

I have never advocated having nuclear weapons.

Yuyutsu wants it because he is a loyal Taiwanese and is still fighting the Chinese Civil War.

Foul-Mouth wants it because he is a Chinese plant aka Guangzhou Joe and is trying to stir up trouble that will allow China to justify an invasion of Australia.

Simple Simon Birmingham. Should I say any more?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 16 January 2021 7:17:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Mr O, that should read; "Yuyutsu, I am disappointed that you would advocate nuclear proliferation"

As one of the few who understands where China is coming from I know you would not advocate nuclear proliferation, MAD idea.

How should we react if China was to send one of their "gun boats" up the Parramatta River. Lob a few shells into a couple of riverside burbs, and blast out the message "Cop that you white devils!" a bit of gun boat diplomacy I'd say, learnt that one from the British. That would then be followed by the thrust of cold steel up the Khyber Pass of a few old fogies, don't like cold steel up their Khyber pass tose old fogies. Just to show the white devils whose running the show these days. ScumO' could send Glove Puppet Birmingham to wave the white hanky at Mr Xi and friends, tell em' we are so sorry for trying to sell them shonky plonk and dodgy cherries.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 January 2021 11:41:31 AM
Paul1405,

Sydney is already half Chinese so I reckon it will be a real pushover.

They'll all line up along the Parramatta River to welcome the Chinese navy, waving their little red and gold flags and their permanent residency visas to prove that they are not Australians.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 16 January 2021 12:02:48 PM
No problem Mr O, should the Chinese navy sail into Sydney Harbour, we are prepared. ScumO' shall order the dispatch of a flotilla of ferries from Circular Quay, diverted from the Taronga Park run, under the command Of Vice Admiral Brassbottom, and loaded to the bilges with our finest squadron of sea scouts. The lads will repel those pesky invaders with out latest hi-tech water pistols, kitted by the lovely ladies of the CWA! Sounds good? Can you see any problems?
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 January 2021 12:53:44 PM
Paul, I must take you to task for making Morrison responsible for the Fires. As though he created a heat wave, I wonder if you are praising him now for the coolest summer we have had s in that same area this year. If only He could control the weather.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 16 January 2021 1:12:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11