The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Loss Of Trust In The Political System

Loss Of Trust In The Political System

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
Bazz,

It's definitely Anderson. I'm going out to buy a hair shirt to wear as penance for making such a heinous typo.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 12:23:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

Only after you have finished quizzing me.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 12:39:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, learn a lesson if you wish to throw pebbles from your glass house, be prepared for a boulder or two to be thrown back. I knew you were referring to John Anderson in the first place. I am well versed in Aussie politics, and I know who have been the leaders of the major parties from federation.

John Anderson was one of the "better" leaders of the Country/National Party, but its been mostly downhill since his day 20 years ago.

The simplistic argument that closing down an industry simply throws people out of work does not have to be the case. Redeployment and reskilling in other newer industries is always an option, but it takes a lot of effort and time from all, workers, employers, investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, government. All have to work together to develop new opportunities. There is no doubt that there will be dislocation as the work environment changes to new enterprises, with new challengers. Some, particularly older workers, are likely not to make the move successfully, and that's unfortunate, but it's eniveatable that some will fall by the wayside, and we must provision for that circumstance.

The days of fossil fuels are numbered as the world transitions to renewables. That's not a decision made by Australia, its the way of the future, and we need to prepare for it. The Captain of the Titanic standing on the bridge and yelling "Thou shalt not sink", might go down well with some who want to believe it, but the reality is a somewhat different story.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 2:07:17 PM
"Government didn’t have the guts to say that, if you want to 'save the planet' it is going to cost you a lot."

I looked up plastic drinking straws yesterday just out of curiosity.

Coles and woolies wont sell them anymore.
They sell paper straws at $5.00 for a pack of 100.
I looked elsewhere and found 1000 black plastic drinking straws for $15 delivered.
So $1.50 for 100 plastic ones
Or $5.00 for 100 paper ones

You see how they force the new agendas upon us without any choice,
Then they expect us to pay for the new agendas through increased cost.
While businesses make just as much if not more than they did before,
Selling the newer items at much greater cost than the old.

The business elite push these new social agendas
And then they profiteer off them, telling us were evil
when they profited off the exact same things for decades

The whole entire world is full of shite.
Free trade pfffttt.

The good news is if you want a pack of 4 toilet brush looking thingys to clean your straws out, they'll cost you $3 and we can all do the planet a favor sharing our straws and our COVID.
http://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/modo-straw-cleaners-modo-straw-cleaners
Lets just hope that no birds, sea creatures or children choke on them.
- Which was the whole point of stopping plastic straws in the first place.

I remember going to the milk bar with soggy paper straws.
They were rubbish, and the world was immediately a better place when they brought the plastic ones in.

I'll do you all a deal.
I'll go back to paper straws when you all go back to things like horse n buggy, washboards and eating rabbits.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 4:54:07 PM
AC,

Yes, what bastards 'they' are ...... Always plotting and planning against 'us'.

Could it be instead, that producers get subsidised for producing paper straws, which may be cheaper to produce anyway, than for plastic straws ?

But your idea of sharing straws is something I've never thought of. Thank you, AC.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 5:21:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We provide best quality food and Halal Meat

<a href="https://haloodies.com/">Halal Meat</a>
Posted by Ethel123, Tuesday, 24 November 2020 5:22:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13