The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
All our water comes off our house or sheds roofs. I have lived on tank & well water for about 40 years of my life. In fact in 1950, while waiting 18 months to get water tanks, dad told me to be sure I picked all the frogs out of the buckets of well water I fetched for the house. He doubted mum would ever drink water again if she found one I'd missed.

We have a very large number of birds around here, encouraged by my plantings & feeding. Only an idiot would not expect that many of those birds drop messages that land on one roof or another.

We have been drinking the water off those roofs for 28 years, & our individual immune systems have coped well with any contamination that may be there. In fact I am inclined to agree with those who suggest our fixation with excessive cleanliness, [perhaps not now with the advent of covid 19] may be leaving our kids & us with under developed immune systems.

Not too sure about that, but any messages left to us by our feathered or other friends do not seem to have done us much harm.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 4:33:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Mr O,

A good friend of mine has just bought a unit in Hurstville Sydney, she's only 30. I said; "that's great Lib, you'll love living with so many Chinese". She said "Paul, don't say I am CHINESE, I am TAIWANESE!". Lib don't like Uncle Xi at all. We play politics about China, we don't realise there are real people with genuine fears. My friend is worried about her elderly parents living back in Taiwan, the real possibility that one day mainland China might invade Taiwan. She is happy for China to be China, and Taiwan to be Taiwan, she hates the politics being played by Australia and US. I'm sure the people in Hong Kong feel much the same, they just want to be left alone to live their lives without the fear.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 18 November 2020 6:14:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

I know exactly how she feels because I have a similar experience.

You see, I don't want to be Australianese. I want to be Australian.

But too late to turn back the clock after 40 years of Asianization (aka Australian Multiculturalism).

So I and everyone else just have to accept that we are now Australianese and that Australia is now an Asian nation-state as a result of the Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) in Australian history.

A great big Aussie "Ni hao Mate" to you and all your friends in Fiji.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 18 November 2020 6:46:40 AM
Mr O,

We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We share a dream and sing with one voice
I am, you are, we are Australian
I am, you are, we are Australian!

NOT Australianese.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 18 November 2020 9:54:54 AM
Foxy,

Thanks for pointing out the contradiction in that song.

Yes, it needs to be amended to:

We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We share a dream and sing with one voice
I am, you are, we are Australianese
I am, you are, we are Australianese!

Let's all put our hands together for Foxy ....... a great Australianese.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 18 November 2020 10:06:35 AM
Mr O,

The only interruption that I will tolerate is
of course - applause!

However, in this case we are singing from different
song-books and the only flair that you have is in
your nostrils.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 18 November 2020 10:11:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 10
  12. 11