The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Hi Issy,

Used to think the best water I ever tasted came from the tanks at the grandfathers property. Then I realised years later he painted his roof with 'red lead'. The tap water in Brisbane has a very slight muddy taste, Sydney water was up and down in quality, could get very cloudy in summer. Over in Fiji the tourist hotels warn guests to only drink their expensive bottled water. I've been drinking the local water for years, and I'm still here.

The stepdaughter buys that expensive bottled water, note in plastic containers, yet when the grandkids come here they drink the cold glass bottle tap water from the fridge. Have a mate in Sydney, a professional entertainer, a few years back he was at me to buy a $5k under sink system that produced "alkaline water", claimed it was the best thing since sliced bread. I said; "Roy, if I wanted to drink alkaline water I'd move to Adelaide, its on tap there!"

The best water is on tap, in the form of a 'Tooheys Old'. Not bad in the bottle as well on a hot day.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 5:35:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

r66ald said he/she lives in Rhodes so that means there is a 99% chance that he/she is a Chinese migrant.

So "Don't like water, go back China!"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 5:56:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Swamp Donkey,

So not just a casual racist.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 7:28:49 AM
shadyminister,

In Australia we are all Asian now. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Australianese: they're all Asian to me.

Especially after this week when the Commonwealth capped off the Asianization process of our Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) by formally agreeing to incorporate Australia into the Regional and Comprehensive Economic Partnership which I see as the final step in integrating Australia into Asia.

But will it work given China's ambition to create an empire in which the other 14 Asian nation-states are just vassal states to China?

It'll be easy for you because if you don't like being Australianese you can just pack up and go back the Britain. (PS I'll even throw in a few dollars to help you on your way.)
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 8:03:24 AM
I've seen it on the news recently that some of
the country areas water supplies due to heavy
rains washing out chemicals in farms is polluting
the creeks, rivers, and water storage areas.

We live in Melbourne and we always boil our water
and keep it in jugs for drinking. We don't drink
straight out of a tap.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 9:01:38 AM
Misopinionated,

So ..... all those Asians, from Turkey to Japan, and Yemen to Mongolia, and Korea, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, et. - all secretly speak Beijing dialect Chinese ? They're all in on a conspiracy to take 'us' over ?

I'd leave that sort of rubbish to the usual ratbags.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 17 November 2020 9:11:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy