The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

Drinking Water straight from Kitchen Tap?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Anyone drink water straight out from kitchen tap? Recently the water in my area taste little different than before (Rhodes, NSW). Anyone have similar experiences?
Posted by r66ald, Monday, 16 November 2020 11:48:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Drinking water has to be potable, and I would think that there are still many people drinking it straight from the tap rather than buying extremely expensive "spring" water, which often also comes out of tap, not a spring.

However, there are all sorts of chemicals put in it 'for our own good'. Sometimes these chemicals are overdone, and as was the case in my area recently, the water stank as soon as the tap was turned on, and I bought a filter jug. For some time now, the water has been fine; must have been a lot of complaints. And, I still prefer to drink it rather than pay through the nose for phoney spring water.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 November 2020 6:45:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
r66ald,

Ni hao r66ald .......... Don't like water, go back China!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 16 November 2020 6:55:47 PM
Should be a residual chlorine reading of 1ppm at your tap. If not, boil the water before drinking it.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 16 November 2020 8:08:22 PM
Mr Opinion,

Time to park the casual racism you drop kick.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 16 November 2020 8:59:09 PM
We have tank water for household use and water in our underground cisterns for general usage, it must be boiled for human consumption.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 16 November 2020 10:50:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy