The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I can't believe it.

I can't believe it.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
If I hadn't heard it from her own mouth I wouldn't have believed it.

Queensland are revisiting the KRudd stupidity of the school halls fiasco. They have promised to spend a billion dollars we don't have on new facilities for schools.

For gods sake Annastacia, if you can't come up with a useful way to spend a billion dollars, don't borrow it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 9 October 2020 9:57:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
..... new facilities for schools.
It hasn't worked in the past so, what makes this Premier think it'll be a good thing now ?
Perhaps it's just some friends & relatives needing a boost for their businesses ?
I would much prefer to spend just a quarter of that to bring in teachers with some common sense !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 10 October 2020 8:12:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
let's pretend Scott Morrison announced that !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 10 October 2020 1:24:45 PM
A borrowed billion dollars would be best utilized investing in developing productive inland water supply to allow farmers to drought-proof breeder stock and to increase food and fibre exports.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 11 October 2020 7:25:54 AM
JF Aus,
Such a scheme would be the most bang for a buck ever here ! I fail to see how our bureaudroid experts fail to see that.
It could be one of the longest running projects which, as it goes on, would snow-ball on itself & actually reach a stage within only a few years where it becomes self-funding.
The economic AND environmental benefits would be beyond the wildest imagination of those for whom the time-span is too long a wait for a quick, massive profit. This should be a generational project for decades to come. As more water builds up in the interior the more evaporation/precipitation is guaranteed.
I suppose the only way to make the experts realise the potential of such a scheme is by things going so bad first that the scheme becomes literally the last option. Meanwhile, many people suffer but as long as the bureaudroids get their insane salaries, who cares about the people & the environment !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 11 October 2020 9:34:35 AM
PSEUDO-individual,

You are starting to sound like an environmental sociologist.

Well done old chap!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 11 October 2020 9:39:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy