The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I can't believe it.

I can't believe it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
I don't know about Mr O, but JF Aus, one group of Asians tried pretty hard to kill my father, & killed a lot of his mates in the Pacific.

Another bunch killed more than a few in Malaysia.

Then another couple groups tried to kill a lot of my mates in Korea.

another bunch killed more of us in Vietnam, although they might have been justified.

Anyone who trusts an Asian is a bit soft in the head.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 19 October 2020 12:12:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JF Aus and SQ West (aka Hasbeen nee Phil),

The term Asian is really a geographic term not a biogeographic term.

It covers that great land mass reaching from the Black Sea to the Western Pacific and the Arctic Circle to the southern tip of Tasmania.

Australians are now Asians following the Great Asianization Period (1980-2020) in Australian history. We now mirror the greater Asian land mass in terms of its ethnic and cultural diversity. This was engineered by Australia's politicians, bureaucrats and business people who wanted to integrate Australia into Asia proper.

To achieve this they needed to 're-populate' Australia with diverse peoples from the Asian mainland and re-structure economic and political relationships that aligned with Asia proper. This has now been achieved.

Both of you need to embrace your Asianess just like I have done.

So to both of you a great big Aussie 'Ni hao mate!"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 19 October 2020 6:28:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

How many countries has China invaded and how many has England invaded?
Remember the Anglo Saxons.

China seems to need it's authoritarian politics to control it's huge population involving warlords.

Anyway in this now overcrowded world there is need for respect and prosperity and peace between all people and all nations.
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 19 October 2020 10:24:01 AM
JF Aus,

Japan
Tibet
Vietnam
Indonesia
Mongolia
Korea
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 19 October 2020 11:35:53 AM
Misopinionated,

Here's a few minutes I'll never get back.

The Mongols over-ran China for a century from around 1280, and from there, tried to invade Japan, Vietnam and Java. They got their arses kicked each time.

The Manchus (Mongol-related groups) invaded China around 1644 and forced tributary status on many neighbouring areas, such as Tibet, Burmese kingdoms, central Asian kingdoms, Korea and possibly Mongolia. Their control over Taiwan dates only from the nineteenth century - before its invasion by Japan in 1895.

The Mongols were not Chinese. The Manchus were not Chinese. In fact, home-grown Chinese dynasties have ruled China for barely half of the last millenium, up to the current dynasty.

It's possible that even the Mings who ruled in between the Mongols and the Manchus, roughly from 1368 until 1644 - were influenced, at least, by central Asian and even by Manichaean-Christian ideologies. They were certainly more outgoing, more interested (at least for a very short time) in the outside world, than other Chinese dynasties.

Can you name a single historical nation (or part of a current nation) - say, Denmark, Andorra, Luxembourg maybe; Laos, Angkor, Mataram, Bashkiristan; Kerala; Sri Lanka; Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay - which has NOT attempted to invade any other country ? Even Denmark, I'd be doubtful about.

It's in the nature of emerging states, for most of human history, to want to expand at the expense of their neighbours. Check out James C. Scott's 'Against the Grain: A Deep History of the Earliest States'.

Make that fifteen minutes.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 19 October 2020 1:15:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pseudo-mouth,

I'm sure we have debated this point before.

I include the Yuan Dynasty founded by Kublai Khan in 1271 as Chinese, which preceded the 1280 date you just gave above.

If you had studied history at a university you would have developed a critical mind on the topic and would have been in a position to work things out instead of relying on your usual cut and paste knowledge you glean from Wikipedia, etc.

But kudos for having an interest in the Arts things and the guts to give it a go.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 19 October 2020 2:21:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy