The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Trump calls US war dead

Trump calls US war dead

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. All
Trumps comments shock even usually pro-Trump Fox News.

The Guardian, 5 September 2020, reports http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/05/trump-fox-news-journalist-jennifer-griffin-soldiers-losers

"Other outlets confirmed the news and detailed more incidents of Trump’s insulting attitude to American soldiers.

Among those was the Fox News national security correspondent, Jennifer Griffin, who confirmed in a Twitter thread [here http://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1301975321495973889 ] that Trump called soldiers “suckers”, [and that Trump] had questioned why anyone would want to become a soldier and [Trump] had not wanted to honor war dead at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in France.

Amid furious denials of the story from the White House and Trump allies, Griffin’s reporting probably touched a nerve as it came from the usually reliably pro-Trump Fox News, whose conservative leanings and pro-Trump opinion show hosts are reliable cheerleaders for the president."

Trump has lost much of his "Base" conservative vote after these latest shockers.

How low can Trump stoop?
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 7 September 2020 1:59:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Trump calls US war dead "LOSERS" and "SUCKERS"

Trump doesn't care. The dead can't vote.

Checkout this 2 minute Youtube http://youtu.be/2azjwKxwotk
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 7 September 2020 3:41:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
plantagenet

yeah we know all about anonymous sources sources. Russia hoax, Ukraine hoax, Chinavirus hoax, Bubba Wallace, Jussie Smollet,

we know Trump hates old people, hates young people, hates veterans, hates hipsanics, hates blacks

can you believe the lying liberal left media backed by the likes of our own lying abc could be so juvenile.

Obviously you must be a deplorable if you don't believe Weistein/Epsteins/democrats.
Posted by runner, Monday, 7 September 2020 4:01:39 PM
Regarding Plantagenet's twitter link. Interesting.

The youtube link is saying that Trump denied it.

I guess we had to expect these sort of tactics leading up to the US elections.

It seems to come at a time when Biden's ratings are under threat.

The Communists are on the record for calling all wars- racist wars- class wars- etc- so I guess they think that those that fight in these racist wars are also racist, etc. Not that they didn't fight or arm when it suited their ideology. (I remember someone getting a quick dry cement milk shake in the face in Sydney- not to mention Stalin/ Mao and others).

This was especially true for returning Vietnam Vets being pelted by Communist eggs on their return to America.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/vietnam-veterans-look-back-with-pride/article_eee76a53-14e9-5a12-8a59-59f9c55ca78d.html

http://vva.org/books-in-review/fiction/vietnam-viet-bloody-nam-by-davide-a-cottone/

I'm not sure how Fox News Jennifer Griffin fits into this broad story.

And why Trump's claimed advisors are saying these things whether they are true or not- what the context was etc.

Trump is known to say things to see how people react.

I think in this case Trump understands the need for borders and protectors of America's interests- his actions speak louder than any words.

But issues are often not as simple as they are made out.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 7 September 2020 4:32:34 PM
runner,

Did you know that Trump's grandfather Fred started the family in the hotel business by building and operating the best whore houses in Skagway during the Klondike gold rush?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 7 September 2020 4:44:33 PM
Hi Pete,

Nothing that man does can surprise me anymore.
We're way past that point.

And his comments are nothing new.

I remember Trump's attacks on the
former navy pilot, the late US Republican Senator from
Arizona, John McCain. Trump attacked the former navy
pilot over his military career which included 5 years
as a wounded, tortured, prisoner of war in Vietnam -
for which he received a slew of decorations including -
the Silver Star, the Legion of Merit, and 3 Bronze Stars.

Yet Mr Trump with his serial deferments who did not serve
in the military had the audacity to say that Mr McCain
was "a war hero (only) because he was captured", adding
" I like people that weren't captured".

Not only were these comments hurtful to Sen. McCain and
his family, but to other veterans and their families.
John McCain died on Saturday August 25 2018.
Mr Trump was not invited to the funeral.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 7 September 2020 4:53:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy