The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tough Times and Worker Exploitation

Tough Times and Worker Exploitation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
The minimum wage could be made quite manageable & economically beneficial to Govt if the higher salaries & associated benefits were to be brought back a few percent & either a Flat Tax or a transaction Tax introduced.
But, I fear that economic & financial experts are too frightened of being made to perform to give this alternative a go & prove it workable !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 16 September 2020 7:58:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Once again you lie blatantly as I never claimed that an arrest was imminent and I have pointed out too many times to count when you have lied to the point where nothing you say is believable without scrutiny.

For example, earlier in this thread you said "Then there are the whinging fruit and vegetable growers bleating about where is their supply of slave labour in the form of backpackers to pick their crap. The shortage of workers has exposed the gross exploration of vulnerable young people by a minority of rip-offs growers and agents."

Either you knew you were just talking bollocks to get a rise or you are a moron.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 17 September 2020 5:17:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM, you've got to get your head out of that Murdoch gutter press and read the real news. Claiming I am a liar re; "backpakers and seasonal picking". You are either ignorent of these things, or simply lie to cover up, read the following article and enlighten yourself.

"Backpackers who work as fruit-pickers have topped the list of people complaining about their employment to the Fair Work Ombudsman." ABC News

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2016-05-11/backpackers-top-ombudsman-complaint-list/7404956
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 17 September 2020 6:11:14 AM
Shadow, the problem with you is you come across as a social snob, with disdain for those you perceive as unworthy of you, and from the lower orders. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but that is the perception I have of you. That does not mean I dislike you, I enjoy our forum jousts, you are good value, the way you pop in from Snobville and post nonsense I can respond to.

I know how you hate my stories, calling them made up lies, so I'll give you another one.

When the wife and I were down in Tassie a few years back, taking in the sights, it was during the raspberry season, we met up with a few backpacker kids from Europe in a pub, people a social snob would not mix with. We got together and had a couple of beers, asked where they were staying. They were camped in an old car in a nearby park, using the park bbq's for cooking etc, and ducking into the council swimming pool for a wash. They were picking raspberries themselves. They told us of the on farm living conditions, which we did see, an old bus from the 1960's overgrown with weeds, appealing living conditions and if they stayed there it was a 100 bucks a week, so the park was a better option. Nice kids, we all had dinner in the park along with a box, the wife did a boil-up and cooked tatakau bread on the barbie, the kids seemed to like it. And not a council ranger insight, no alcohol or camping allowed.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 17 September 2020 6:42:13 AM
Paul,

I have disdain for Bullshters and ignoramuses and more so for those like you that can't tell the difference. You made a claim that I lied and when I proved that you were the liar, you try and shoot the messenger because you don't like what he says in spite of not having a shred of evidence that what he wrote is incorrect.

As for the fruit picking industry, as with many others there are charlatans, but instead of sticking to the facts you opt for hyperbole to the point where what you post is pure fiction.

As you have admitted previously you often post to wind up people, but then don't get offended when you are called out for it.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 17 September 2020 8:17:50 AM
Shadow, where is your reference to the claim that Dan Andrews leadership is under threat? What you posted in "-+-" as proof might be the raving of a lunatic, of course you don't want to provide a link, as it will be as I say. You must stop being deceitful by present far right opinion as if it is fact. The ravings of The Jones Boy, and those of 'Beat Up'Bolt etc might be accepted by a non thinking moron as fact, but to the intelligent among us they are nothing more than the ravings of lunatics. BTW, I see you are now a Trumpet (a mad keen supporter of Dangerous Doctor Donald).
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 17 September 2020 11:33:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy