The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Churches and the Anti Vaccination Movement.

Churches and the Anti Vaccination Movement.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Posted by Jayb,
To my mind the Churches, of any Religion, should keep their bl00dy nose out of State affairs. That was the whole idea in the Separation of Religion & State, wasn't it.
Jayb,
This is not a State affair as you falsely imagine, it is a personal conscience affair and individuals want to know if the vaccine has been ethically produced that is being injected into their bodies. You may not feel guilty of taking a human life, whereas many people do.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 6:19:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Storm in a teacup, if the vaccine is successful then 99.99% of all religions will take it; just as women of all faiths embraced the Pill.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 6:40:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

«Yuyutsu, as I understand it, the foetal cells are used in the development stage and not in the final production.»

Thank you for the information: in this case I have no personal problem with the vaccine.

It is however, quite a failure of government which did not investigate the ethical aspects before making such deals, then coming out openly with the full information when presenting the chosen vaccine(s).

«"Was the fetus killed for the purpose of vaccines" from what I read its not likely. Oddly I read the cells are from the 1970's or 80's.»

Good, although further investigation is needed, but I wonder, if this was done in the 1970's/1980's, then why can't it be done again, here in Australia, with new kidney embryonic cells sourced from miscarriage instead?

«"Those who cannot use this particular vaccine should be encouraged to import different vaccines." its not certain that even one vaccine will be developed.»

I am optimistic about ending up with many vaccines. But even this one Oxford vaccine, suppose it works but it takes a few years to start again with new kidney embryonic cells that are more ethical, then let those who choose to wait, wait. Naturally, those who choose to not yet be vaccinated will remain subject to social-distancing restrictions while the others will be free again.

---

A relevant, perhaps challenging, quote for Christians:

"I will give you thanks for you answered me, you have become my salvation.
The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,
the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
The Lord has done it this very day, let us rejoice today and be glad."

[Psalms 118:21-24]
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 August 2020 12:25:56 AM
Paul,

From someone that regular lies and trolls people and submitted a post that accused someone of making "queer" accusation, that is more than little hypocritical especially coming from a party riddled with Anti vaxxers.

In fact your first post in this thread was riddled with lies. The Catholic AB was not against Vaccinations, nor was he calling for banning of this particular vaccine but simply pointing out that it is problematic for a small portion of the population and that there are many other vaccines that are not.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 26 August 2020 6:53:20 AM
Australia is developing a vaccine that does not contain human fetal tissue. Anyone with a conscience about fetal tissue being injected can choose the Australian vaccine.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 26 August 2020 9:13:57 AM
"To my mind the Churches, of any Religion, should keep their bl00dy nose out of State affairs."

What? A certain section of society should have no say, no opinions in society?

These Bishops are doing what they trained to do; what their doctrine requires them to do. What they believe in. It is their bloody job. There would be no point having faith, going to a seminary, taking on work with little monetary reward just to sit back and say nothing as the secular world goes down the gurgler. Wouldn't it be great if all professionals with particular skills and knowledge 'kept their noses' out of the law, science, economy, medical matters and so on!

As for separation of church and state - bullshite! Western society is based on Christian principles: that's why it is so successful. Decisions are still made daily based on Christian principles. Anyone who thinks that Christian politicians (and voters) don't make decisions based on their religious beliefs is dingbats.

This thread is a barely disguised attack on Christianity by a person known for his anti-Christian sentiments. It has little to do with vaccination against the virus from China. There might never be a vaccine. Some people are not content to deal with current problems and controversy; they have to stir up trouble about problems that might, or might not, occur in future. What a sick attitude!
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 26 August 2020 12:00:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy