The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multiculturalism - Does It Work in Australia?

Multiculturalism - Does It Work in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. Page 54
  10. 55
  11. 56
  12. 57
  13. All
Mr O, just go for it.

I want your view asap, as I fine tune my own piece titled

'Australians embrace ethnic diversity, yet concern about its migrant intake is justified'
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 4 August 2020 6:11:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris,

I have the impression that most people think that it doesn't need explaining simply because everyone knows what multiculturalism is.

The same way they define society: Everyone knows what it is so no need to define it.

Guess again folks! When someone says that multiculturalism doesn't need defining because everyone knows what it is it tells you he/she hasn't got a clue what it is.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 4 August 2020 6:30:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr. Opinion,

«Tells me you don't actually know what multiculturalism is.»

Fine with me, I have no need to know!

I clearly stated that people ought to be able to freely live according to the culture of their choice and the state must not interfere with that.

Why should I care how this is called, or whether it even has a name?
I thought it was agreed to call this 'multiculturalism', perhaps I was wrong about the name but what I said remains true regardless.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 4 August 2020 11:51:54 PM
Photos of Melburnians flying into Sydney yesterday:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sydney-airport-welcomes-flights-from-corona-capital-with-no-quarantine/ar-BB17yqhQ

Notice anything? Like a correlation with other photos.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 8:49:28 AM
MR O, time to state your summary of multiculturalism.

It is time to put up, and show your credentials for one and all.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 9:04:28 AM
Misopinionated,

Often, complex concepts don't lend themselves easily to snappy definitions, although they may be required for a high school essay.

You should go back to Foxy's first post to try to understand what 'multiculturalism' may mean. In fact, you could learn quite a bit from reading through all of the posts on this thread. Note, I'm not telling you to, obviously none of us can tell you anything, but just recommending it.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Wednesday, 5 August 2020 11:19:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. Page 54
  10. 55
  11. 56
  12. 57