The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multiculturalism - Does It Work in Australia?

Multiculturalism - Does It Work in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. All
Hi Saltpetre,

Brilliant ! Thank you.

Best wishes,

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 8 August 2020 11:21:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Saltpetre,

It would be lovely if people would do to each other
what Spring does with cherry trees.

Take care.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 9 August 2020 2:19:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Saltpetre,

I gave Foxy my most favoured definition of multiculturalism elsewhere today. It is

Multiculturalism is the acknowledgement and promotion of cultural pluralism.

Notice anything peculiar about my definition like it's concise and exacting and no waffling on like the rest of you who waffle on because you really don't have a clue what you are talking about and think you have to use a long definition in order to explain things proficiently.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 9 August 2020 6:45:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MO,

Not everything is as simple as we would like - or may wish to 'fantacise' that it could be.

Look up any reasonable definition: FYI - Cultural Pluralism is not Multiculturalism. (Google.)

Not even a nice try, really.

What is most disappointing though, is that you make no attempt to deconstruct my offered 'definition', or to intelligently critique it.

You just did a 'Trump'.
Sad really.

BTW, Brevity may be 'the soul of wit', but even the dumbest person may pose a question that the world's greatest minds cannot answer.

'Stone the Crows', only when a child did I focus on childish things - though this Forum often tends to 'blur the lines' - and 'stretch the friendship'.
Posted by Saltpetre, Monday, 10 August 2020 4:46:24 AM
Salty has made a good fist of defining multiculturalism, no one has tried to debunk his definition, so I take that as being acceptable.

'Multiculturalism - A society not only harbouring and tolerating a substantial cohort of people from many different national, ethnic, language and cultural backgrounds but actively celebrating their presence because of the zest, colour, diversity and inspiration their presence and example provides - to the betterment and advancement of the society as a whole. And, a willingness to continue to welcome people of diverse backgrounds to participate and contribute as equal constituents under the law of the land."

In these unprecedented times even our politicians have had to make scarifies. Agreeing to move parliament outdoors, and conduct affairs of state slightly different to usual, yet still maintaining an air of decorum befitting of our national leaders. The first meeting took place yesterday. That is Scomo on the right and Albo on the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjLATAUwao

David F, Generalissimo Dan has converted to Jainism, and in these unprecedented times the General has ordered all Melbournians, under the pain of death, to wear face masks to stop the shocking practice of insect eating among the common riff-raff, saving the lives of countless insects

In the following video Generalissimo Dan can be seen out and about in his virus control unit, disinfecting the common people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPlpFIwZ0c
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 August 2020 6:48:49 AM
Saltpetre,

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Your definition of multiculturalism is nonsensical and tells me that you have no expertise in the areas that study both the theory and practice of culture whereas my favoured definition is accepted by experts in the field.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 10 August 2020 8:43:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy