The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has Sweden's COVID response lost its allure as a poster child of the right yet?

Has Sweden's COVID response lost its allure as a poster child of the right yet?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28
  13. ...
  14. 33
  15. 34
  16. 35
  17. All
'Thanks for that six-week-old video '

yeah Joe nothing to see. One of numerous stuff ups by Cuomo sending covid patients into old peoples home. I mean it was six weeks ago. I know TDS makes you value life only if its lost to a Trump decision.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 28 June 2020 2:15:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well the big advantage of what Australia has done is that before it
comes out to get us we MAY have a vaccine and if so, if we are lucky
we will all have had an injection as an additional to the flu shots.
If we don't have a vaccine then we just watch and see, like now.
We are just buying time.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 28 June 2020 4:28:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bazz,

Yet time is so precious.We should savor every moment
by spending it with those we love. Family, friends,
and neighbours.

When I watched my mother go down hill, time went by so
fast. It was too short a span.

Time I'll never get back.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 28 June 2020 7:19:48 PM
Bazz, irrespective of what the airheads think or say, the reality is that the virus is not expected to be ready, or at least, of any use till next year, I think they need a minimum time frame to "wait and see" how/if it works.
I suggest that we just get on with our lives, and, as you say, "watch and see".
The cold hard reality is as I have said, that if you are susceptible to this virus, you are a target and sooner or later you will succumb to it.
What those who refute the suggestion of leaving the country open to trade and letting the people get on with their lives, don't realise is that what I'm suggesting is no different to what is going on anyway.
The oldies and the infirm are supposed to be isolated right now anyway, the only difference is that it leaves the rest of us, the healthy ones, to continue, which will work better for the oldies as well, so there are people out there who will be able to move around and help them while they are in isolation, even though they are still catching it and dying, locked away in places like aged care facilities, and we we all thought they would be safe there.
The economy and therefore the rest of the population will not have to suffer.
You wait and see, we may not get to some of the numbers we are seeing around the world, but it will EVENTUALLY reach similar numbers, no matter how much all the blowhards want to talk Australia up.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 28 June 2020 8:40:48 PM
"Had the NSC been less cowed by medical advice and more aggressive in policing the border, Australia might have dodged the coronavirus bullet. That we came so close is entirely down to ignoring the medicos, not following their advice."

(Salvatore Babones, Quadrant Online, 'The Dizzy Doctors of the Covid Crusade', 28/6/20).

Read the full article. No paywall
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 28 June 2020 9:35:10 PM
Sweden is a failed state due to political correctness.
That said, who actually gives a crap?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 29 June 2020 6:01:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28