The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Experts' Should Be Treated With Scepticism

'Experts' Should Be Treated With Scepticism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Meat meal in chicken and other animal feed pellets [ when did that stop] or has it. Animal blood is a protein regulator. [sun dried blood is 100 % protein]
If Australia is ever going to have trouble with animal diseases it is going to come from the north with wild buffalo and 24 million wild pigs, which are rampant in most states.
The right to farm: Is a phrase still used since conception, but we are that top heavy with authority that are not practically experienced. Farm governance comes from supermarket suppliers of filthy produced meat product. The nation of Australia is in diabolical trouble of becoming a third world country very quickly.
We have persons in positions of power that should not be there. With no animal experience telling farmers what is the most appropriate way of farming. Shires now cannot make decisions for themselves as they do not have the experience necessary to see reason.
The new farming laws are nothing more than a grab for money. One pig now must have a town planning approval without exception. Next is sheep and goats.
Our Victorian government says you have a right to farm, the government also says they accept risk based farming.

cont;
Posted by Riely, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 12:43:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia is on a massive slide into poverty, suffering in miss management and vested interests we are stuffed.
After waiting twelve months for a permit. A permit did arrive but this was marked as a planning permit only and not a building permit which is what they had all along. If they were running a business they would be broke many times over by now. I am not going to go through another 12 months of nothing in order to get a building permit. I have other interests to look after. They must think people have nothing else to do but wait on those that time means nothing to. The most unorganized pathetic shire I have ever had the displeasure to have any dealings with.
A 12 month time frame should have been 21 days for a permit and 11 months for me to get the farm up to a management standard with full training of employees. These people think you have nothing to do other than wait on them to fumble through whatever they make themselves involved in. Now there is no further employment in a town full of ageing persons all because of inability to make decisions and no idea of what it takes to run a business. let alone gross bureaucratic mismanagement.
Get persons that are competent of what they are supposed to do.
How many others are to go through this mishmash of nothing. The entire system needs privatizing to get the appropriate action to support a failing economy.
All they wanted was the twelve hundred $ to get half a permit. [Up front]

I received the Permit approval on the 28/11/2019 Permit 5452.
Since I have now returned from overseas to find an approval that is virtually useless to me.
There will be no pigs, no chickens no employment no construction and no water connection Are mixed farms now extinct for bio security reasons
Posted by Riely, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 12:45:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will not be submitting or answering any more questions only to have such items fobbed off misconstrued or not passed on. And I would not want to be tagged as a bio security concern. A former employee of council made comments to me that now are making sense.

This is what animal experts and shires are responsible for.
70 per cent of the ham and bacon eaten in Australia comes from pigs grown on the other side of the world and that's what consumers don't understand.
END
Posted by Riely, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 12:46:36 PM
'Yeah, we should put our trust in ignorance instead of expertise.'

We know Toni just like Saint Greta who is an advisor for gw and now health policy. Along with deviants from Hollywood in their mansions the left love to take advice from this 16 year old suffering from autism.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 2:20:45 PM
We can take lessons from the way Australian governments
responded to the corona virus; that good decisions are
made when they consider the evidence and the best
available expert advice; and that policy making can
accommodate reasonable differences of opinion, without
becoming a "war".

Think of the difference it would make if interviewers and
commentators allowed room for discussion of complex and
competing ideas, before demanding that politicians
rule them "in" or "out".

Now consider if these principles were applied to other
policies and policy making in Australia. Perhaps we could
learn that listening to experts and putting politics aside
is not a bad idea.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 2:54:12 PM
Remember the earlier days when WHO said we should not wear face masks unless we are ill - and the general reversal now - that everyone should wear face masks? I think this shows how we need our own judgment and not plainly follow what experts think. Even experts have differing opinions among themselves.
Posted by avery91, Wednesday, 20 May 2020 5:32:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12