The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is Life?

What is Life?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 32
  14. 33
  15. 34
  16. All
Hasbeen, did you race at sandown in that series during 1970s.

I was at 1977 sandown race. we, as kids, spoke to peter brock that day.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 6:36:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Chris,

I love Hassie as well. He's another one I consider
a friend. And you're right. He's very fair.

Dear Josephus,

Thank You for sharing your thoughts on life so
beautifully with us.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 6:56:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I only made it to Sandown for the 1968 F1 Gold Star race Chris. My gearbox overheated, caught fire & I was black flagged while leading. It was that failure that meant second rather than winning the championship. Of course others had similar failures during the year so it all comes out in the wash.

Uneventful life O Sung Wu, with 2 overseas tours of duty, when others were shooting at you.

I suppose you could have done something really exciting, like book keeping old mate. Actually I found the book keeping, or the budgeting & cash flow planning some of the most interesting part of running a company, so it can be exciting, but not as exciting as being shot at I'm sure.

Foxy I respect anyone with seriously held ideas of their own. They may be the opposite to mine, but that doesn't effect my respect for them.

It is those trying to push ideals they hold only for some advantage over others that get up my nose, & those who have no ideals at all.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 7:30:13 PM
//And what makes it worth living?//

I believe you'll find the answer in the fantasy classic 'Conan the Barbarian'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos

Well spoken, buff Mathias Cormann. I mean, what beats 'de lamentation of der vimmen'?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 7:30:47 PM
What is life?

watching foreign correspondent and Indian guy just stated his 'life is worthless' as they (his family) are left to rot in slums with no assistance from govt as country closes down to coronavirus.

In the slums, one toilet per 80 people and 20 families share water pipe which only runs for an hour.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 8:23:14 PM
Hi HASBEEN...I couldn't imagine anything more hazardous than trying to land a Navy Aircraft on a 'pitching deck' on the old HMAS Melbourne! And that's the absolute truth ol' man!

And FOXY has always been a shared affection for us both, don't you think HASBEEN? Whereas you and I, are conservative, and FOXY is a bit to the 'Left'. But she's our FOXY, so look out anyone trying to hurt her, they'll need to contend with an ex-Navy aviator, and an old 'grunt'!
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 9:13:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...