The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is Life?

What is Life?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 32
  13. 33
  14. 34
  15. All
Hi there FOXY...

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I'm too stunned at making any further comment about it, other than to again offer my sincerest thanks to you, for saying it. You and I have had some scrapes along the way in the past, but thankfully nothing too serious. My only regret, I wish I had at least quarter of your intellectual ability; You being so well-read and educated - And worldly if truth be known! As you've lived and worked in the USA for some years. Take care dear FOXY, and thank you once again. I hope your health has much improved since last we spoke, some seven or eight months ago and you were to take a break from The Forum.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 5:02:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

I have learned so much from you on this forum.
We haven't agreed on things many times - bu
you've taught me to see things from a different
perspective. I look upon you as a friend. You've got
a big heart and you've always been there for me when
I needed support. Thank You for asking about my health.
It's a work in progress. But I don't give up easily.
And every time I'm knocked down - I get up again.
I refuse to be defeated. And so far so good.

Of course I've got great family support. Especially a
very patient husband. I also have the forum.
I don't know what I'd do without it. It keeps me going.
And is challenging at times which is good.

Take care
Stay safe.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 5:19:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Foxy nothing like some mind stimulation.

When I first wrote on OLO years ago, I was initially stunned by the comments, some I initially thought were a bit harsh.

But, I soon realised how great OLO was. As someone who likes to write opinion pieces, it is great to get critical feedback.

I know it improves you.

One of the first I took notice of was Hasbeen, who was both critical and fair
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 5:30:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My Christian contribution

God is father

When God created the human species, He breathed into humans, the image of His spirit, and we gained spiritual life [Genesis 1: 27]. Note the text says and man became, indicating this happened after being created from natural chemistry. We were now not just another animal [cp Genesis 2: 20], because we gained a creative moral spirit that could identify, retain, and discern abstract difference. God’s spirit in us was to be the creative impact and moral quality of life we were to have while living [breathing]. It is the moral life of God in us. Our spirits came from God and to God it will return, either to a quality of life eternal or an everlasting separation because we failed to accept and live the righteousness of God. [Jesus said of those that wanted to murder him, “If God was your father ye would accept me” John 8: 42]. Why would we love Jesus? We would love him because of his moral purity. We were separated from God because of selfishness, and unless born again of His Spirit we continue to be separated [John 3: 3 - 13].

Our bodies are to be a dedicated place of worship, 1 Corinthians 3: 16, “We are the temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwells in us”.

The body is merely temporally formed from earth chemistry, borrowed from the earth, and continuously renewed by other plant and animal life. So, what is really us? It's the impact of our life lived [our spirit’s History]. God is father of all human spirits, including the spirit of Christ Jesus [Jesus said John 20: 17b, “I ascend unto my Father, and your father; my God and your God”]. 1 Corinthians 15: 47. The scripture gives contrast between the failed actions of Adam and the righteousness of Jesus who was the Christ [Romans 5: 14 and 1 Corinthians 15: 22, 45] In John 1: 1 Jesus is called the word, meaning the very expression of God; the righteous life coming out of the mind and heart of God.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 5:55:10 PM
Genesis 2: 7, “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living [spiritual] being”.
Job 33: 4, “The Spirit of God [YHWH]has made me, And the breath of the Almighty [my king] gives me life.
Ecclesiastes 12: 7, “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it”
Genesis 6: 3, “And the Lord said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.”
Numbers 16: 22a ‘Then they fell on their faces, and said, "O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh."
Hebrews 12: 9, 10, “Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them,
but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.”
2 John 3, “Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love”.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 6:01:20 PM
What is the image of God's spirit? What life was Adam son of God [Luke 3: 38] and we to live? To mention about the one who is the Son of the Father, we mean the one who has the spirit of the Father. Our spiritual life will reflect the father from whom our spirit comes. It was God’s purpose we all be His children. We as sons of God should express His character and values. The Lord Jesus Christ is spoken of as a son of the Father, because the spirit in him came from God, and unlike us as sinners, he in his life perfectly expressed the Character of God. Jesus always addressed God as Father, he said I and the Father are one. The Spirit in him was the spirit of the Father himself, even in his intimate prayers John 17: 1 – 26. He also taught us to address God as, “Our Father” Matthew 6: 9.

We, like Jesus need the Spirit of the Father to live godly lives. We had been separated by our sin and we needed reconciliation, this reconciliation happened by Jesus atoning his life for us bringing us back into union with God. Mark 10: 45 Even the son of man came not to be ministered unto but to give his life a ransom for many. There was always this hope as identified by Joel [2: 28] and again spoken of by Peter in Acts 2: 17 that the breath [life] of the Father himself would again live in us; and as Acts 2: 39 says it is to all who is called of God; both Jew, Gentile and Barbarian. The same spirit of the Father that was in Jesus would now dwell in each person reconciled to the Father. To be born of God we are convinced and recognise Jesus Spirit was the true expression of God, and by us appropriating him into our lives we are baptized into his spirit. We will then desire moral purity and worship who God is with creative ways to bless and serve others
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 19 May 2020 6:10:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 32