The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > REDUCING PEOPLE IN PRISON

REDUCING PEOPLE IN PRISON

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Come off the stupidity Yuyutsu.

People who commit crime & go to prison for it have chosen their path, & deserve everything they get. With our powder puff judges & parole system they probably deserve twice what they have got.

Their victims have done nothing wrong, but have been violated by the criminal. Tripling all sentences may not have a corrective influence on criminals, but most surely reduce crime, as it is hard to break & enter some ones home from prison.

At this time, when the police are busy with many other duties, & quite a few are in self imposed isolation because of some of those duties, the last thing we need is an epidemic of crime, encouraged by releasing the criminals & reducing the policing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 10 April 2020 11:10:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,
You're obviously a Public Servant who doesn't have to worry about where the next pay comes from !
Posted by individual, Friday, 10 April 2020 11:15:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

I can see where you are coming from:

It is typical of those who have no faith in God, to think that the world is chaotic and man is the only entity able to create some order within that chaos. Had God not been in charge, then it is understandable for men to try to fill this vacuum in their clumsy ways, attempting to take up as much of His role they can.

But since God does know precisely what we deserve, since nothing is hidden from Him, it is appropriate to leave the task of justice to Him rather than try and mess up with His work which He can carry far better than any of us.

The claim that "victims" have done nothing wrong is short-sighted: have you ever met anyone who has done nothing wrong? It might have been long ago and the "victim" might have forgotten about it, but nothing can happen for "no reason" assuming we live in a cosmos rather than in a chaos.

Nobody wants to be violated, but the wise, if violated, pray: "Thank you Lord for helping me to pay my debts. Please strengthen my spirit and my resolve that in future I do only good and never again violate others so I do not need to be violated like this again".

I already acknowledged that in some minority of cases, imprisonment might be the only way to prevent future crimes and might therefore be excused, but that is an horrific thing to experience on the receiving side and so the consequences are horrific for those who inflict imprisonment on others. If one still needs to imprison others in order to prevent future crimes, then:
1) This should never be out of revenge.
2) This should never apply to those who already repented sincerely, or who otherwise (perhaps due to age or disability) are incapable of committing further crimes.
3) Potential-criminals should not be deprived of anything beyond what is truly necessary to prevent future crimes.
4) The optional alternative of death in-place of imprisonment should never be denied.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 10 April 2020 12:44:38 PM
Dear Individual,

I have never been a public servant, because that would commonly require adherence to immoral orders by my would-be-superiors. Also, it would mean the acceptance of tax-payer's money in salary, which would render me either a thief or a robber.

As I saved enough and always lived within my means, I need not worry now where the next pay comes from.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 10 April 2020 12:49:17 PM
Yuyutsu,
Does that mean you'd support a call for Top Bureaucrats/PublicServants salaries to be reduced so that blue collar workers wages' are worth more ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 10 April 2020 1:18:53 PM
Yuyutsu imprisonment is merely cause & effect.

Those who choose to be anti social & break the laws of the society they share have actually chosen to go to prison. They knew the law & chose to break it, knowing the penalty for their actions.

If there is any fault in others it is in our judges who continually let law breakers off with a slap on the wrist, actually training them to expect no retribution for their antisocial behavior.

I have no objection in you believing some make believe "god", but don't start expecting the more rational amongst us to follow any fool dictates of that belief. the real world has other interests & problems.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 10 April 2020 1:42:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy