The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wonderful Wonderful NBN.

Wonderful Wonderful NBN.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
Mr 0,

Once again I am staggered by the degree of arrogance and ignorance that you can display in one sentence. You are essentially claiming that only studies done within a formal university course have any meaning which is moronic. Plenty of books, articles and videos are available to grant anyone that is interested as much knowledge of history and the arts etc as any undergraduate degree.

P.S. I agree that your engineering degree was a waste of time and money not only for you, but for the university, the taxpayer etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 13 January 2020 11:31:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister,

If you believe that then you are living in a fantasy world.

Keep thinking that way and you'll end up like Loudmouth, awarding yourself degrees in all sorts of disciplines.

Stick to your vocation which you have been trained for and leave the Arts things like history, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, philosophy, etc., to the Arts grads who have formal training in these subjects.

I must admit that I have met plenty of engineers who are interested in the Arts things but am yet to met an Arts grad who is interested in engineering things. No need to be a genius to work out why.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 14 January 2020 6:12:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr O

With "leave the Arts things like history, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, philosophy, etc., to the Arts grads who have formal training in these subjects" You are essentially claiming that an arts degree is vocational training, however, as most of the arts subjects are rote learning an arts degree is pretty much awarded to confirm attendance. I will happily leave the creation of pointless dissertations that no one will read to those with formal arts qualifications.

As for why artists aren't interested in engineering is principally because don't have the mental horsepower.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 15 January 2020 7:50:43 AM
Shadow Minister,

You just referred to Arts grads as being artists. Goodness gracious do you really think that Arts grads are artists? I've got a BA and two MAs and I don't refer to myself as an artist. Where do you get your facts from? The back of a cereal box I'm guessing.

The reason Arts grads are not interested in finding out about engineering stuff is simply because they see engineering as a trade whereas the Arts things like history, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, philosophy, etc., are scholarly pursuits.

Now put your overalls on, pick up your toolbox, and get out and fix Hasbeen's bloody NBN connection just like the good little engineer we all know you are.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 15 January 2020 6:02:09 PM
Mr O, Oh you really are a contemptuous, arrogant, uncouth, and of course, pompous fool.
What a most stupid and way out of the park thing to say, even think.
You pathetic moron, and I choose my words carefully, so that when fools like you don't REALLY understand, I choose easy ones so as to not confuse you because of your superior education in BA or is it FA or is it BO, I can't remember, because something you said waaaaaay back when, struck a note with me that you in fact do not have any engineering qualifications at all, and it appears that you suddenly decided to elevate yourself to SM's level, because you realised that he was in fact smarter and has a higher standing than you, and this incensed you.
Hey, Mr O, I didn't finish my engineering degree, and, from what you said in the past, I know I'm smarter than you, but not as smart as Hassy.
Do I go competing with those smarter than me?
NO!
Now to clarify; all your qualifications fall under the heading of ABSTRACT, and your attitude to attempt to elevate yourself to a level you are clearly not worthy of has demonstrated that you are incapable of accepting your lot in life and because of this you can be described as implacable, amongst other short comings and failings.
So get it through your thick head, engineers are invaluable in the betterment of life and mankind in general.
BA's are good for FA, and are as useful as tits on a bull, they fall under the bus or is it the heading of inane subjects/coarses
and vocations.
Next time I want someone to give me a fictional or imaginary report on the structural integrity of something intangible, I'll be sure to call you because you will have the correct and inane qualifications to suite.
On the other hand, if I want an ACTUAL and REAL report on the structural integrity of something real and tangible, I will call on Hassy.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 15 January 2020 7:25:58 PM
ALTRAV,

You have a habit of writing a lot of irrelevant nonsense, which reminds me of that saying "A man with little knowledge takes a long time to tell you what little he knows."

If you think Arts things are useless then just stop referring to Arts things in your posts.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 15 January 2020 7:43:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15