The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wonderful Wonderful NBN.

Wonderful Wonderful NBN.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
I connected to the NBN on the 8/12/2019. I had no choice of course, it's that or nothing. Nothing much changed, I still can't get a U tube video in HD.

The connection died on the 24Th. Wow that stood the test of time. Thanks KRudd.

My provider said, "It's not us, it's the NBN".

The NBN says "we'll be there to fix it on the second of next year". Wow great prompt service, I think the whole street is out.

Come the second & the NBN says, "Oops, can't make it, try the 8Th".

Just 2 questions,

Can government run anything & get it right?
Did KRudd ever get anything right?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 January 2020 11:35:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only to be expected given the two idiots involved: Rudd then Turnbull.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 January 2020 12:19:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

The NBN has turned out that way because Tony Abbott refused to go with a full optic cable system opting for a cheap out of date system that was bound to fail as soon as he gave the job to Malcolm Turnbull whom Abbott told us was the man who invented the internet.

People like you were easily fooled and now you are paying the price. Tough bananas, sucker!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 3 January 2020 1:21:35 PM
Can government run anything & get it right? Nope.

Did KRudd ever get anything right? Probably not.

I know what it's like to have nightmare dramas with the internet.
18mths back they did our upgrade.

There's 2 houses on the property where I live and the internet was shared at that time with the previous owner who lived in one of the houses, as there was only one phone line available.

At that time the internet was in the previous owners name so at the time he moved to his new property months prior to the handover we needed to change the service into our name.

Unfortunately the owner cancelled the service instead of transferring it so we had to sign up again.

We signed up for the phone and internet package, and the ADSL service was in the process of being connected.
They'd already come and connected the phone, which wasn't needed, we just wanted internet, and they just needed to switch it on.

We were told technicians would come and nobody ever showed up and it went on for a few weeks.
Eventually we were told that they were no longer doing ADSL connections at our local telephone exchange, and that we'd have to wait 3 months until they installed a mini-node closer to our house.
So we waited.

Some months later, we eventually got connected but the service was terrible.
They never put the mini node-in and connected the NBN directly to the exchange 1.2 k's away.

Again dealing with them to come and look and find the problem was a nightmare.
Eventually they said there was an issue in the firmware of the modem my ISP provided, but it took them 6 months and me opening about 20 issue requests before they figured it out.

Then they said "Oh, we do have a known issue with our modems firmware"
- Like somehow I should've known....

Dealing with these people can really test the limits of your patience.
Often you can't even understand what the hell they're saying.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 January 2020 2:12:11 PM
Anyone who thinks the NBN has been cheap is not too bright. I wonder how much the full optic cable would have cost, & just how much would be installed by now.

Perhaps the idiot KRudd who had a bright idea, did his math in a few seconds, on the back of an envelope, got it all wrong but still rushed in. Should have used a whole sheet of paper.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 January 2020 2:22:57 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

You are taking the piss I assume.

Blaming Rudd for a crappy copper connection to your home rather than the planned optical fiber? Surely even you can't be that clueless.

It cost over $400 million to exit the fiber to the home purely to fulfill a crappy promise by Abbott. It was the greatest piece of sabotage to Australia's future ever done by a political figure.

The result? We are 35th in a list of countries with fiber to the home with only 15% penetration.

New Zealand sits at 10th with well over half its homes connected with 100MB plus speeds with the roll out continuing.

We are eclipsed by countries like Estonia, Malaysia, Portugal, Uruguay, and Russia. Yet we are far wealthier than most of them by far.
http://www.fomsn.com/market-research/sobhana/asian-countries-lead-the-ftth-fttb-global-ranking/

Well old cock, I sure hope you enjoyed voting for this mediocrity but for me we are an embarrassment, sold out to keep Murdoch filling the LNP coffers and giving them constant good press.

Idiocy in all its glory
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 January 2020 2:57:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy